1 skill point per lvl...?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

1 skill point per lvl...?

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

iam making this guy and each time he levels he is only getting 1 skill point!? whats up with this?! :?: :?: :?:
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

If you have a negative INT modifier, you could get very few skill points.

For example, if your class typically gets 4 Skill Points + INT modifier, if your modifier is -3 (INT= 4 or 5) then you could get 1 skill point per level.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

That is the great thing about using an excel sheet or building you build on paper and testing it in a training hall.

Prevents nasty mistakes like this. I bet you had all kinds of plans with these skill points, right?
Valnir Raven

Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

//Also this never drops below a minimum of 4 skill points at 1st level and 1 point per level afterwards. So even if you were playing a half orc fighter with an int of 6 you would still get the minimum rather than no skill points at all. On another note, I'm not sure if the Public Cork Board was the best place to start this thread as it is intended for In Character use only.
Last edited by Caesius on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only constant is change.
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

i did! i have 8 intellengence but im a fighter. this sucks because now i have to start him over!!!! *pretends to kill char in game*! :crybaby: ](*,) arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. would an intellegence of 10 help this problem?
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

// you might have a dm move this thread to general. The corkboard is for rp stories.
The world is a strange place.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Valnir wrote:That is the great thing about using an excel sheet or building you build on paper and testing it in a training hall.

Prevents nasty mistakes like this. I bet you had all kinds of plans with these skill points, right?
If you want a copy of a Character Builder program based on Excel, just select the download at the bottom of this page.

You will have to scroll right and left a bit to fill in the data as you need to enter the data in order same as you would for NWN... only the catagories are not listed in that order.

It is a good program, though, once you get used to it.

Pharo
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

To respond to your problem Lukas, fighter class only gets 2 (+int) skill points per level so if you have an 8 INT then you will get 1 skill point per level. Pure and simple. (That's after the 4 +int you get at first level). Consult your manual. Rebuilding or not if you go to 10 Int then you only get 2 skill points per level so, it's up to you. Good luck.

Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

OOOOOooooohhhhhhhHHHhh i see now. thank you y'all :D
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Or... As I've mentioned before, take it to the NWN bible:

http://www.nwnwiki.org
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Both links work. Atleast i use them both more or less during planning.

I mostly use this excel sheet made by Kamiryn.
According to him it is a bit of a mess but you need to get used to it.
Works out great once you learn to work with it. makes it easy to see what changes do and best of all is that you can send it to your work and tweak builds a bit during work :twisted:

Don't worry, i'm not doing anything vital, i'm just a vitamin analist for some large food corporation :twisted:
They keep me to busy... so you are all save.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ot ... ail&id=856
Valnir Raven

Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

Wow i downloaded that spreadsheet and i nearly had a heart attack! soooo confusing :shock: ! i see why it takes some time to get used to.
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

hahaha, it is simple compaired to the those i use for my work.

Just start at character calculation, fill in the race/atributes/classes/skills, you know the lot.

Wjhen you filled it out it gives the attack bonus, saves, all the bonus things you get from classes, how many spells, what the dc of those spells is, etc etc etc.

The list is to long to mention. It just is a great tool to make a build and tweak it.
Valnir Raven