Quick vote on IC or OOC for the Team Competition

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

How do you want the Team Gauntlet Competition to be held?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:02 pm

I want RP involved, so make it IC
57%
I want it OOC, so I do not have to RP
43%

Total votes: 21

DM Nexus
Viceroy
Viceroy

Quick vote on IC or OOC for the Team Competition

Post by DM Nexus »

I have had requests to hold the Team Gauntlet Competition in both IC and OOC...so cast your vote on which way it will be held.

And cast it fast, since the event will be held within the next couple days.
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

I voted OOC just keeping in mind that some charas may be unable to play due to RP reasons such as pregnancy illness curse etc... Just want to keep it fair for all players. :)

~I kill things and drink potions~
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I voted for the RP, cause that's why were all here for basically.

~I kill potions and drink things!~
Shiek2005
Baron
Baron

Post by Shiek2005 »

winteraven wrote:I voted OOC just keeping in mind that some charas may be unable to play due to RP reasons such as pregnancy illness curse etc... Just want to keep it fair for all players. :)

I've heard alot of stuff around the online world of NWN but never have i heard of RPing a pregnant char, i mean it's possible sure such as other things going on around some social servers but i hadn't heard of that before.
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

Shiek2005 wrote:
winteraven wrote:I voted OOC just keeping in mind that some charas may be unable to play due to RP reasons such as pregnancy illness curse etc... Just want to keep it fair for all players. :)

I've heard alot of stuff around the online world of NWN but never have i heard of RPing a pregnant char, i mean it's possible sure such as other things going on around some social servers but i hadn't heard of that before.
Now you have.
Blackstone Keep Veteran
_Murdock_
Count
Count

Post by _Murdock_ »

I voted RP........more fun IMO
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

I voted RP too. I find it a lot more entertaining and, after all, BSK is a light rp server. :mrgreen:
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Precisely this is an RP lite server and there are those who just like to play. I like the RP aspect however, I just want to speak for those whom I know would like to play but cannot if it is IC.

I prefer to promote fairness for those who do not or cannot currently get involved in an RP thing.

That being said.. come on Nexus! Let's see what you've got!

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

i voted OOC, as i can find little by way of reason why characters from the BSK world would decide to run a gauntlet. i would prefer IC, but i'm not going to be there, and i'm not sure how it would work.

Good luck with it, though.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Shiek2005 wrote:

Some people RP character relationships and if the dice roll a positive for a bun in the oven, they RP that also. Since one month of real time is equal to one year of in game time, the pregnant RP lasts about 3 weeks.

Those players who are faithful to their characters RP will avoid looting and duels and wars and such until the pregnancy is over.

Other players will "off screen" the pregnancy and just announce they they have had a child.

Some players may even have/play several generations of a 'character-family' depending on how long they have played on BSK.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Some players may even have/play several generations of a 'character-family' depending on how long they have played on BSK.
I've seen that on other servers. It's so cool! When the generations go on, people die, new generations start and so on. In my opinion, it really makes a server feel "alive". :mrgreen:
Official Linkin Park fan!
DM Nexus
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Nexus »

I am going to make it IC/OOC. Which means that if RP would keep you out, you can participate OOC. Best of both worlds.

The new topic is:

http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?t=471