Help

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

The computer I purchased came with Windows Vista preinstalled. So I guess I am stuck with it for now.

I did purchase a 600W power supply. Below are the specs for the graphics card I purchased.

XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card

Performance
Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1600 (Digital)
GPU/VPU NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
RAMDAC Dual 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 12

Memory
Memory Type GDDR3 128-bit

Video Memory 256MB

Core Clock 590 MHz

Memory Clock 1600 MHz

Connections
Interface Type PCI Express

Interface Speed 16x

Connector(s)
Dual DVI HDTV/S-Video

Multiple Monitors Support Yes

I think the only thing I will need to upgrade later is the RAM. I have 1Gig but I noticed Windows Vista eats up a lot of that. I think I may need to add 1Gig more.

Thanks for the help!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Ugh! Preinstalled. I forgot about that OEM stuff. Sorry to hear that. Makes me upset that I was thinking about getting a computer within the next year or so, and that I may be forced to use Vista. If only Linux worked with more software. *sigh*
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

WOOO HOOOO!!!!

I upgraded the power supply (turns out they sent me a 600w for the same price as the 550w :lol: ) I also installed the new graphics card and I AM PLAYING NWN2!!!

I can not satisfy my addiction to NWN2. I will say, it will take some time to get used to the new way of doing things. I am not sure if I like it as much as NWN1 yet, but I will continue to play and perhaps I will like it more after I get used to it.