Golem forge not working

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Golem forge not working

Post by Cornflower »

I tried to forge myself a Golem. I added my 7 golem parts and 50k to the forge and talked to they guy. Just the first dialoge again.

I'm very sure of the fact that I had the proper parts as well as the required cash, melee weapon and armor.
I'm also very sure that I picked up all the pieces myself.
Since I have almost three full sets (only 2 legs, but all the rest), I tried with various combination of parts. I even threw in all 17 golem parts at once, but nothing.

I had Masc-Inc with me for guidance and support. He made a golem earlier today (or possibly yesterday) so he knows the procedure.

Is this a special "only for Cornflower" bug? :-) :-)

Could perhaps the Forge Attendant let me know what he thinks is wrong? Like, "I see the following correct parts: x+x+x+x+x". "You lack the proper y"

.... And now that I'm writing this a thought occurs to me... I remade my character the other day. It's possible I found a couple of parts on the previous version of my character (same name and all that), could that be it? If so, how do I figure out which parts is found on this exact version of my character?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Golem forge not working

Post by driller »

The parts are tied to the character that found them.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:04 pm I tried to forge myself a Golem. I added my 7 golem parts and 50k to the forge and talked to they guy. Just the first dialoge again.

I'm very sure of the fact that I had the proper parts as well as the required cash, melee weapon and armor.
I'm also very sure that I picked up all the pieces myself.
Since I have almost three full sets (only 2 legs, but all the rest), I tried with various combination of parts. I even threw in all 17 golem parts at once, but nothing.

I had Masc-Inc with me for guidance and support. He made a golem earlier today (or possibly yesterday) so he knows the procedure.

Is this a special "only for Cornflower" bug? :-) :-)

Could perhaps the Forge Attendant let me know what he thinks is wrong? Like, "I see the following correct parts: x+x+x+x+x". "You lack the proper y"

.... And now that I'm writing this a thought occurs to me... I remade my character the other day. It's possible I found a couple of parts on the previous version of my character (same name and all that), could that be it? If so, how do I figure out which parts is found on this exact version of my character?
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:20 pm The parts are tied to the character that found them.
Thank you for the quick reply!

Just for clarity, so that others can avoid my mistake:

If I remake my character using Zane and the exact same name, the things that are restored are:
- Quests
- XP
- Diety

The things that are not going to work are:
- The chest in the keep
- The Golem parts found

The reason the shelf is working is because it's tied to the player, not to the character.

Did I get this right?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This because of a special id that is generated for you character. It would be a mess to change this, so I am inclined to leave it be.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm
driller wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:20 pm The parts are tied to the character that found them.

If I remake my character using Zane and the exact same name, the things that are restored are:
- Quests
- XP
- Diety

- The chest in the keep
- The Golem parts found

The reason the shelf is working is because it's tied to the player, not to the character.

Did I get this right?
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you to change anything, I was just trying to sum it up so I can remember. Also, so not other people do the same mistake I did. (But they're probably less stupid...)

I already have 4 of my 7 golem parts fixed. No worries, everybody needs a hobby... :-)
driller wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:48 pm This because of a special id that is generated for you character. It would be a mess to change this, so I am inclined to leave it be.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm

- Quests
- XP
- Diety

- The chest in the keep
- The Golem parts found

Did I get this right?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)