Kill Stealing..

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

*peeks in the forums a moment from eating lunch*
I know enough assasins itching to draw in 'bidness' a couple copper and point them in direction of the kill stealer and justice is served, in maybe a slight injust way..

Lets just hope the assassins aren't drumming up business, griefing with thier other characters out there, and kill stealing just to get paid to kill steal some more :P
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

DM Rendyll wrote:I don't really condone dragging waste giants or dragons into low level areas, but one solution is to head to the Tree in the Keep. There is usually at least one person there that will be glad to take their higher level char and aid in the distribution of justice, so long as it's RP'ed out. Ask for some help, you never know what RP chances might crop up.
Oh no, we don't drag hostile creatures from other zones. Gibbo casts "dominate monster" on the waste giant first, then undominates it near the character :D And I summon the hostile dragons. Feel the wrath of Ander... :unibrow:
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Vith
Knight
Knight

Post by Vith »

Ksing is not very polite in my opinion and not good, except it is RPed out, like a palading who kills an undead, that would be fine with me, afterall is the paladin there to serve justice and fight the evil.

But if someone simply comes and begins to KS your kills without any reason, well, that sucks them.

I once had an encounter with some halfling (I played a half-orc priest ;) )
He first stole my kill and then attacked me without a warning, my Half orc killed him though in one hint.

Unfortunately was i so nice to heal him again afterwards.
Please do not feed the animals! If you have any suitable food give it to the guard on duty!
GrayBeryl
Commoner
Commoner

Post by GrayBeryl »

Two different jerks kill stole from me today on the road. I tried to converse with them and they blew me off. In fact, they were both fairly high in level as they slaughtered all the undead within moments. I chalk it up to a few bad apples, because overall, I am extremely impressed with the care most people take to not do this to others. I have written their names down and vengence will be paid when I am able.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Two options are viable in this situation.

1. Turn the other cheek, like Christ did.

2. Or cut off his hands, as they did thieves in the old days.

My 2 cents.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

GrayBeryl wrote: I have written their names down and vengence will be paid when I am able.
Thats the spirit!

But is that okay to do? Take names and kill them later?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Zacarias wrote:
GrayBeryl wrote: I have written their names down and vengence will be paid when I am able.
Thats the spirit!

But is that okay to do? Take names and kill them later?
Well... Per Driller, purposeful Kill Stealing and Ninja Looting (taking the remains dropped by creatures non-party members have slain while the slayer is still in the vicinity) are both acts of PvP. So I would think that means your answer is 'Yes'. Take screenshots if possible. (Doesn't always help, but isn't useless either.)

Of course this can't truly be a banket answer as every case is different. But usually it's obvious when these things are purposeful and when they are truely on accident.

Thanks! :D

~Demitri
" The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. " ~Dorthy Nevill
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

another option you might want to consider is to send a message to Raven.

She would be more than happy to dispatch the twits.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Loot stealing is like a variety box of jello puddin' ... when ya reach ya hand in da box, you just don't know what sorta jello puddin' cup you're gonna get.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
dreadlord69
Knight
Knight

Post by dreadlord69 »

just power level up to 40 fast and go back and kick there ass...

or come see dread if he is standing idle he would always love a excuse to kill.
-Aussie Made-
-cold killer-
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Shiby's got it!

:twisted:
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

*points all the kill stealers over to Jacky's thread on Internet crimes* :P

http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?t=277
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

*tsk tsk tsk..* Some times, the ol' cat slips out on the road to observe newbies from a nice vantage point of the shadows, and from what he sees, most of y'all are rampant kill stealers.

Maybe I should form a guild of Anti Kill Stealers that go about and maim and murder kill stealers whatcha think? ;)
Or.. maybe I will make a habit of protecting the real newbies out to have fun, and just rob everyone out there stealing kills *grins as evilly as his forum Icon does* perhaps the secondary alternative will make everyone happy :P
I know it will line my pockets.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Well.... There is ALWAYS a good justification for the Assassain's guild to come to arms... Is the KS on Blackstone Road, mostly?
sgtshin
Baron
Baron

You know..

Post by sgtshin »

You know? I truly LOVE this player community.. and Driller's concise comments.. he always sums up a situation in the very fewest words possible.

Great opinions and stuff here.. thanks everyone for typing out thoughts-
It never ever used to nerve me.. and now somehow.. it does!~ So much so, like I said.. I had to sit back and laugh at it.. its a game..

You know.. I'm not really into the PvP either.. and didn't feel it worth PvP to solve. Players like that have a way of crossing paths with players like all of you.. who deal justice out smartly!!! LoL!

I would tell you.. it is newer players to the server (that I experienced).. or at least.. newer characters.. and it does seem more prevalent to me on BSK road. Though.. had 1 incident in the Orc Fort, and 1 in the swamps.

To be honest.. the one time I scrunched up my courage to confront the one player... (how much courage can a 5th lvl MU have?!) That player immediately apologized and gave the loot up. That was a cool player. The other times.. I did not feel it worth dithering about.. because there are other places to go and hunt.

It was more about offending the "principle" of good game play... and courteous game play- on this fine server.. as it would be on any other server-

Just wanted to see if others had experinced the same thing recently. Voicing it here is a positive thing for others to read.. and for the steady players to acknowledge so that we can all work together to "help out" new players- and keep courteous game play at the forefront.

Again thanks.. it was good stories to read.. and good ideas.. I love the stone/invis- dead /invis..

too funny...
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ^.^