How the Cogs go 'round and 'round

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

How the Cogs go 'round and 'round

Post by walkercubed »

Sockets????????

I have a weapon with the workd "socketed". i was able to aply two runes to it. The first for piercing and the second for electricity. Which one is currently working, or are they both working? I applied the second thinking it would kick out the first, but no.

I have a second item that has the word "socketed" twice, Why?

How does the idea of runes work? What is the glowing "power" stone for? How do we know which ones do what?

I have now lost a character to the hidden temples...I know idiots like me never get riddles.....we don't do well at games like chess...one move is good, but thinking three moves ahead is painful. So I guess I shall leave my character to rot in a temple he can't get out of. The idea of how to get out may be buried on the ofrums some where, but guess the answer will remain buried like my orc.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How the Cogs go 'round and 'round

Post by driller »

You can apply up to 3 gems/runes to a socketed weapon. Like gems/runes stack damage. You will have to experiment.
The double named weapon is a bug.
Which glowing power stone are you referring to?
Use the same word that you entered the temple with to get back out.

Thanks,
-driller
walkercubed wrote:Sockets????????

I have a weapon with the workd "socketed". i was able to aply two runes to it. The first for piercing and the second for electricity. Which one is currently working, or are they both working? I applied the second thinking it would kick out the first, but no.

I have a second item that has the word "socketed" twice, Why?

How does the idea of runes work? What is the glowing "power" stone for? How do we know which ones do what?

I have now lost a character to the hidden temples...I know idiots like me never get riddles.....we don't do well at games like chess...one move is good, but thinking three moves ahead is painful. So I guess I shall leave my character to rot in a temple he can't get out of. The idea of how to get out may be buried on the ofrums some where, but guess the answer will remain buried like my orc.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

Thanks; I will try that, I'm in the first temple I guess. In the pasture. I'll let you know.

The stones I have a piercing and electric, i can visually see the electricity in the damage statement, but wasn't sure the "piercing" was working. Is it in with the physical listing?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Just watch your damage when you are in combat. Physical damage adds to the base damage of a weapon.
So yes, you are correct.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:Thanks; I will try that, I'm in the first temple I guess. In the pasture. I'll let you know.

The stones I have a piercing and electric, i can visually see the electricity in the damage statement, but wasn't sure the "piercing" was working. Is it in with the physical listing?
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

I finally found a +1 attack rune. And tried to place it on a rapier the had both the piercing and electric runes. The script refuesed to do so. Stating that i could not add to an item with two runes on it. So i took it and another and added them to an un-socketed robe and now have a +2 armor robe. I will have to wait to find out if the rode will take a third.

I did find something else----had a 2nd level character get hit by a blindness/deafness spell from a glow spider. The effect was perminent. Tried to have Jhust Kane dispell and that did not owrk, tried resting no work, even tried getting killed and respawning.didn't work. That left me with deleting and starting over.

Still another discovery, are hirelings only for first level? If not, then why do I get a 5th levelfighter/1st sorcerer when I try to hire a 6th level sorcerer. Wouldn't it make sense that if I answer the question with "i want a magic user" that I get a 6th level sorcerer? Maybe even better a 6th level wizard? Is this happening to the Cleric option as well?
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

Driller;

Made a serious mistake with my last level on character Bayton Bearson. Could you subtact enough xp to lower the character and I will earn the xp again?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, I can help you. It could be a while though, due to finding a time we both are on. It would be better to switch deities, as that takes 5000xp away.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:Driller;

Made a serious mistake with my last level on character Bayton Bearson. Could you subtact enough xp to lower the character and I will earn the xp again?
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

Yeah, I'm in a waaaay different time zone. You can't just go into the ".bic" and change the XP?

How do I find the way to switch dieties, then is it possible to switch back? Does that cost XP again? Who would I switch to being CG?

Ken
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

New question........

Can I own a house? One that all my characters can visit and rest in? One that I can store items and exchange them with my other characters?

Ken
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There are no houses to own in Blackstone, it is a bit to impractical considering the limitations of NWN2.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:New question........

Can I own a house? One that all my characters can visit and rest in? One that I can store items and exchange them with my other characters?

Ken
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

ok, no houses. how about the previous question, I don't know how to switch dieties.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Is'nt the deleveler working out in Blackwatch? It cost big bucks ... switching dieties is easier ... unless your a purest.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Go to one of the temples, Lia is the easiest to reach located in Ebonwood.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:ok, no houses. how about the previous question, I don't know how to switch dieties.
walkercubed
Commoner
Commoner

Post by walkercubed »

Ok so can someone give me a rundown on the dieties?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Basically,

Vor = Good.
Lia = Neutral.
Kazra = Evil.

-driller
walkercubed wrote:Ok so can someone give me a rundown on the dieties?