To the Old Starkson's and the Freefolk

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Hordack
Duke
Duke

To the Old Starkson's and the Freefolk

Post by Hordack »

*posted on the door's of City Hall*

To those whom concern and the leadership of the Starkson and Freefolk ... Far as my opinon goes I rather give my stuff out to the new citizen's coming off the boat then help those fester a war between to different fraction's of a Guild whose time should have ended long ago ...

So please don't send me personal messager's asking or questing service's from Hordack my Old Starkson friend's unless you plan to settle a old debt from a loan paid long ago to Starkson when it was under Lady Orty ...

Hordack
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

There was no loan Hordack you were on something. And stop taking a pm and making it public. That is just rude.
The world is a strange place.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Nah rude, is a group people who got paid 15 million in gold and never paid up their side of the bargain ... then have me declared a criminal for crimes I wasn't around for in the lands of Talan'lth ... Then you have the gall to ask for item's so you can remake your gear!!! Oh please, You really think I would fall on your dagger twice??? So go away and take your bloody dagger with you Drow it won't find a place in my back a second time ... Please make sure you clean your dagger after each use *smirks*
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

A scholarly fellow chuckles and sits down at the BSK Theater to munch on popcorn and gawk at the newest form of entertainment. It was similar to pitfighting, but less bloody in a literal sense, and more amusing in a figurative sense. Either way, the popcorn was delightfully buttery.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Gibbo wrote:A scholarly fellow chuckles and sits down at the BSK Theater to munch on popcorn and gawk at the newest form of entertainment. It was similar to pitfighting, but less bloody in a literal sense, and more amusing in a figurative sense. Either way, the popcorn was delightfully buttery.
An old looking Dwarf sat nearby and followed in how the development of this little display of some people's difference of opinion. Shaking his head at the dispute, he took a swig of his ale and as he did the man in black seemed to be of a prissy sort. It reminded him of the time his son Morur had mistaken uncle Balthor for his aunt Morvina, oh by the great halls, this was a scene indeed.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Hordack wrote:Nah rude, is a group people who got paid 15 million in gold and never paid up their side of the bargain ... then have me declared a criminal for crimes I wasn't around for in the lands of Talan'lth ... Then you have the gall to ask for item's so you can remake your gear!!! Oh please, You really think I would fall on your dagger twice??? So go away and take your bloody dagger with you Drow it won't find a place in my back a second time ... Please make sure you clean your dagger after each use *smirks*
Let's see here...

One Stuff on Talan'ith belongs there and not here end of story please respect Driller's server.

Two not my fault that the powers who took over Starkson on BSK where the gold was paid did not keep to it and you had problems with them.
Deal with them they have it not me. The Starkson there now is totally new and restarting from scratch. Pharo is in charge of Starkson on BSK so deal with her.

Three seems you were in line buying a lot of my stuff and I was even nice to you too. How many bags of holding did you get cheaply? And you were asking me to give you stuff too. Frankly Hordack you made a ton of gold off that stuff so you have easy made back your gold and more.

Four don't don't worry everything has been taken care of. Thanks to Wing--Zero who has the real spirit of game play and was there to help me out. Enjoy the amber stone thank you for restocking all my chars to tip top condition your a real friend.

Five close the door on your way out.

[I ask a dm to close this thread it is done with. Thank you]
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Walking through the keep, Caelyn breathes the air "I wonder why it's so quiet here..."

//*wonders what happened to this being an IC only thread*
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

// This post was never ic when Hordack took it from occ. The thread should be closed or moved.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

//I would responed back but I got better things to do ... These was a IC post until somebody came along and made occly and it wasnt me ...

//And Jaz your the one who sold it all in the pawnshop ... your loss my gain ... which only cost me about 5 million to buy most of it out of the pawnshop ... :shock:

//Yes and please let your friend DM Myle's lock the post you made Occly

//And your right Duo is a good RPer glad I can call him a friend :D
// This post was never ic when Hordack took it from occ. The thread should be closed or moved.
I think my thread started out as IC if I remeber right .... So anybody smoking anything it is you Jaz

Cya Hordack
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Jazelle wrote:Two not my fault that the powers who took over Starkson on BSK where the gold was paid did not keep to it and you had problems with them.
Deal with them they have it not me. The Starkson there now is totally new and restarting from scratch. Pharo is in charge of Starkson on BSK so deal with her.
*/ For the record: Nadia (who re-assumed command of Starkson BSK after a short time without an internet connection) was never given any funds what-so-ever by Ortel or Wine or anyone else.. Though she HAS handed out over 10 Million gold she has earned herself in interest of Starkson growth.

Thanks,
~Demitri
/*
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

dm_demitri wrote:
Jazelle wrote:Two not my fault that the powers who took over Starkson on BSK where the gold was paid did not keep to it and you had problems with them.
*/ For the record: Nadia (who re-assumed command of Starkson BSK after a short time without an internet connection) was never given any funds what-so-ever by Ortel or Wine or anyone else.. Though she HAS handed out over 10 Million gold she has earned herself in interest of Starkson growth.

Thanks,
~Demitri
/*
// Well if someone had not rped that Orty could not come to Blackstone and was outlawed maybe when I had gotten on as her the funds would of been transfered and some information passed on. As it was that rp made it rather impossible. As for gold Wine and I have handed out a lot more than that for Starkson.

// As for you Hordack no one ic has contacted you or ever will from the current Starkson. A player sent you a pm due to your post on a ooc thread under the Trading Post. It never was ic and again you took ooc general pm and tried to peg it ic. For one Orty has never tried to talk to you ic at all since returning and anything I was going to do ic now is mute. Nice going mucking up anything anyone was going to do for you.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

A gruff looking dwarf, using a barrel as a makeshift desk, writes on a piece of worn parchment near the oak tree.

It is clear that he is not used to writing. He holds the quill overly tight and his lettering is slow and deliberate. At times a careful observer can even see the tip of his tongue appear through pursed lips. A closer look at the parchment shows more crossing out of information than anything else.

When he is not writing, he is listening to the chatter. Every now and then he mutters something about letting sleeping dogs lie, picks up his quill, crosses out something on the parchment, and writes something new.

Finally, he gives up, crumples the paper and throws it toward the trash barrel near the oak as he heads to the Maiden for a drink. He does not notice that the parchment missed the barrel but a commoner nearby does.

He retrieves the parchment, curious as to what the armor clad dwarf spent so much time on, only to throw it away. He unfolds it to see that there is nothing legible which further piques his curiousity. He throws the parchment in the barrel and runs after the dwarf to ask him about it.

He catches up to the dwarf, introduces himself and asks him if he can ask him about it. The dwarf smiles and invites the lad to share a table and a drink.

When seated at the tavern with drinks in hand, the dwarf smiles and tells him, "I, lad, am Dunabar Foehammer. I've not been here as long as many but find it a quite tolerable place. I've made some friends, learned the ways of this land, and have tried to pass on this knowledge to those who have come after me."

He takes a sip to test the ale, cocks one eyebrow and continues, "I've always found the folk here to be a friendly lot overall and have not seen such rancor as I have of late. I'm not knowing the history but it seems that the return of some who was gone has stirred up a hornets' nest. That there parchment was me scorecard, so to speak. I be trying to figure out who is the good uns and who all are the bad uns."

One long pull and the ale is gone. "I'm hearing things that make otherwise goodly folk look petty and not so nice. The more I hear the more it all sounds like the yap-yap-yapping of small dogs. Makes ya want to tune it out and not have anything to do with the lot of them."

He stares at the empty mug and says, "I've already noticed some of me friends donnae come here but rarely lately. I'd hope with the ceasing of this yapping, some will return. I know there'll always be a Keep and that many pass through here all the time but I miss me mates."

He orders a round for the entire bar and continues, "It is not that I'll leave any time soon, mind ya. It is just that it all seems rather odd. Fer the time being, I'll avoid the oak and stick to pulling folks out of Nethriss who have more bravery than sense. Praps I'll find new friends there."

His drink arrives and he again downs it in one pull. He gets up, leaves a handful of small gems on the bar, nods to the lad only half way through his first ale, and leaves.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

As he's leaving, Dunabar walks right into a wall. Wait, no, that's no wall unless walls these days are clad in well crafted platemail and female to boot. Looking up he stares at the woman who removes her helm. Lo, it is none other than his good friend (for a human) Caelyn. Solemnly, she inclines her head to him. Somehow she never looks down on him even with her oddball human height. No, she looks you right in the eye that one.

As Caelyn stood there studying her dwarven friend, she quietly said to him, "Dun, old friend, I could not help but overhear your conversation with that lad there. Indeed, you are not alone in your confusion. Come, walk with me." She turns away and takes a few steps, taking a deep breath of the crisp Blackstone air.

They walk by the harbour and wave to Captain Zim as they pass him by. "I reckon poor old Zim's got himself a bigger workload now", Caelyn mentions casually. Glancing over to see if Dun caught what she was getting at, she continued. "You know, Dun, as with many situations, parting of ways affects everyone, not just the two parties involved. In a close-knit community like ours...Blackstone... a pebble dropped into the pond will cause a ripple. And those ripples will spread out and hit anything in their path...and those impacts will in turn cause more ripples and so on until you no longer have a calm pond but a raging whirlpool." She remains silent a moment as they come closer to the dockmaster and the boat for new arrivals before continuing.

"Aye, I agree that all these petty differences, finger pointing, he said, she said is saddening, and some days Dun, I honestly weep for the fate of our home, our Blackstone. However, there are ways to protect her. As with the ripples, in order to avoid being inundated and torn apart by the ever increasing strength of them, you must put up baffles, barriers and buffers." Chuckling quietly she can just hear the comment on her use of B words. "These will deflect and change the course of these ripples and to some extent, lessen their ferocity. And Dun, old friend, here is how..." She gestures to the young gentleman fresh off the boat looking around with a nervous smile of awe at that which is Blackstone. "They,and we, are the barriers and deflectors...old rivalries and jealousies will fade in time. Our time is now. That is our duty as friends, mentors and citizens of Blackstone. Stand fast and you'll not be alone. I am not going anywhere anytime soon Dun, I've merely been exploring the farthest reaches of this land. Besides, who'll be there to haul YOUR carcass out of Nethriss if I weren't around?"

She laughs jovially, claps him on the shoulder and tries not to giggle too loudly when the poor new soul off the boat, stumbled and fell in his eagerness to find his way around. "No, old friend, so long as some here believe, your friends will always be here." She leaves him to his thoughts and heads over to the fresh young man, easily picking up his bulky pack. Dunabar can just hear her as the armoured woman takes the nervous kid down the lane. "Welcome to Blackstone, friend", she says, "Right over here is Gruther's he can straighten out this dent in this old armour you're lugging. Bit of a grouch sometimes, but hey,don't worry, we're here to help." Caelyn glances back at Dunabar and winks mischievously as they disappear into the shop.
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

// I will post IC in response to Hordack in the open letter that follows.

// Nadia, There had been several discussions regarding turning over the accumulated Starkson funds and items on the Supply Officer over to you.
//The "destruction of the mirrors" kept Ortel from being able to return to provide you with those funds, because they were on Ortel.
//I tried several times to set up the item exchange with you so that Starkson, then under your Nadia's rule, could benifit from the accumulated material wealth that had been gathered on Ova Laden. You said " we can do it later" many times.
//End OOC

*An open letter left besides Hordacks notice.*

"Greetings Hordack,

I believe your memory needs to be jogged as your implications are not accurate.

First, you donated 5 million to the Starkson when you were a member. Member donations are not loans, dear. Loans have never been accepted from you on behalf of the Starkson.

Second, the other ten million was for a residence in the Starkson Protectorate within the realm of Blackstone. This residence was offered to you in good faith. You asked to apply that sum towards a residence within the Starkson Protectorate in the realm of Kil'dar. Your request was granted. You then abandoned your house and your cat. Your cat, by the way is fine, dear. It has been adopted by a young boy and his parents.

Third, you were caught commiting crimes and stealing peoples property. Conduct unbecoming a representative of the Starkson banner. Yet, your access to your home was not removed, dear, simply your station within the Protectorate was removed.

Forth, you were betraying Starkson by selling keys using the authority as Council member which was extended to you by Ortelassa. You choose to leave the realm of Kil'dar and return to the realm of Blackstone when you lost your position. Your home, paid for as agreed, was left behind. When it was clear you had abandoned the property, the locks were changed.

Fifth, on your return to the Starkson Protectorate within the realm of Blackstone, you joined up with Nadia and the Starkson there. She accepted you and offered a second chance. You betrayed her as well.

Sixth, your a liar, a cheat, a con-artist and a thief. But I do not wish to be seen as unreasonable even to you, dear. Since you asked that your ten million be applied to a residence within the Starkson Protectorate in the realm of Kil'dar and we accorded you that request... I would be happy to reimburse you that ten million in the form of Kil'dar coin.

Part of my wishes in resuming rule over Starkson is to set things right as possible and to ease any hard feelings.

Feel free to have Zim sail you through his secret ways and report to the treasurer of the Starkson within the realm of Kil'dar for your gold.

My Lia bless you and grant you the wisdom your in need of,
Lady Winesa Kenders
Acting Sovereign of the Starkson Protectorate, Realm of Blackstone.
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

//OK folks the cork board area is for IC posts..any disagreements take them to PM's do not flame the corkboard area ...any more and this thread will be locked
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard