NWN 1 vs. NWN 2

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

NWN 1 vs. NWN 2 Which do you like better?

NWN1
85%
NWN2
15%

Total votes: 40

HelloBSK
Count
Count

NWN 1 vs. NWN 2

Post by HelloBSK »

I am curious to see which people prefer NWN 1 or NWN 2. I have been playing NWN 2 and it is taking me some time to get used to the controlls after playing NWN 1 since its release.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Seen it, played it for a while, nice graphics, then it crashed. Was not impressed while the guys at Best Buys tried to get their system back up and running. Staying with NWN1 for now.
The world is a strange place.
BabydollJennifer
Baron
Baron

Post by BabydollJennifer »

NWN2 makes me dizzy.

I don't much care for the heads either.
The elves look like aliens and the humans are just creepy.

Some of the graphics are better but most look too ethereal.

Maybe if I take some Dramamine before I play again it will help with the motion sickness...
or maybe it will make me too loopy to care.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

NWN2 needs more maturation time. It's initial release was a rush job pressured by a desperate publisher. With limited resources the developers at Obsidian will continue to try to finish the game as quickly as they can.

It should be interesting to see what bugs are addressed and what content is added by the next christmas season.

For the time being I recommend that most casual players stick with a well polished NWN1. Perhaps once NWN2 unlocks more of it's potential a fresh poll at a later date may create different results.
The only constant is change.
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Played it ...hated every minute of it ..dont much care for it...NWN1 all the way for me 8)
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

By next christmas, Obsidian, will be out paced and surpassed while still struggling to make the game worth the effort. At a time when they should be releaseing a new campaign to renew interest and revitalize a slightly dated game, much as Bioware released SoU and later HotU, NWN2 will be finally ready, a year+ late, to be sold off the shelves for $40.00 a box.

Too bad by then that Wal-mart will be selling copies for $9.99 and everyone will smile at the quaint little game as they move on to something worth buying.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
_Murdock_
Count
Count

Post by _Murdock_ »

as I see the reactions....luckely NWN1 was perfect without bugs the soon it was launched.......or wasn't it ?......

what hurt me in those replies is that Driller put a lot of time in it to build something and you guy's/girls manage to destroy it in seconds......not his fault Obsidian screwed.....
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

This thread is aimed at NWN 2 in general, not BSK 2, nobody is flaming Driller as far as i can see
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I personally think that NWN 2 should have been more about getting DnD 3.5 rules into a decently supported game. Forget fancy graphics, NWN 1 was fine especially for an online game. They should have fixed the editor to be more user friendly. For me, it's all about the gameplay. If I can't play NWN 2 on a machine I just bought this year, then I don't need to play it for at least a few years until my next upgrade at which time it should be playable.

NWN 1 has a lot of potential considering how many custom haks and cool variations of servers.
BabydollJennifer
Baron
Baron

Post by BabydollJennifer »

I have played BSK2 a bit and was keeping up with the posts.

From what I have seen Driller has worked his tail off to fix as many bugs
as possible and make it as playable as possible.

No disrespect for Driller intended.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Too bad by then that Wal-mart will be selling copies for $9.99 and everyone will smile at the quaint little game as they move on to something worth buying.
Found at Wal*Mart less than a week ago: NWN2 for $16.99

It's getting there!

I agree with everything everyone has so far said (with exception to those who seem to think this thread is directed at anything other than NWN2 in general).

I have played NWN2 and though there are a couple features I like, it is a very very long way from being anything I'd want to play. Maybe in a year or two it can get a re-evaluation, but by that time ... well now I'm just repeating what has already been said.

For me, it's NWN1 all the way!
~Demitri

{PS: NWN2 would have to have a comparable amount of variety for content too. I'm sure it will... someday.}
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I really like Neverwinter 2!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

WOW, I tend to agree with most of you that NWN1 is unmatched by NWN2. However, I am really stoked about the graphics that NWN2 offers. The environment looks so real and I like that. However, I do not like MANY of the things NWN2 lacks, such as customizable equipment and such. I am HOPING NWN2 becomes more then NWN1 is so we can all play on a more realistic setting. PLUS, I think the races and classes are too cool!!! When we can take a character to level 40 in NWN2 the options are endless with the new classes and races!!!

But, from what I can tell, NWN2 will be inferior to NWN1 for at least 1-3 years lol :lol: :cry: :shock:

I will be online tonight in BSK2 looking for a party to join and checking out the new city!!! Hope to see some of you on!!!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I guess I could add PRC to Blackstone 1 to liven the characters up a bit.

-driller
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Ugh! No!