Auction at the Blackstone Theater

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Auction at the Blackstone Theater

Post by ValentianNizzle »

// Anyone can purchase anything here as long as they follow the rules and stay IC.

Ahmad Cairn stands on the podium, getting ready to start the auction, overseeing the crowd he notices three divisions of the top brass of Blackstone: The finest, the most talented -- and the most importantly, the richest. After taking a deep breath he begins the auction:

// FYI: These prices for Forge Stones are only useable in the case of a buyer wanting to purchase an item with stones in value instead of coin. I am not selling mine.

Forge Stone values:
Amber - Five million
Scarlet - One million
Violet - Seven hundred thousand
Blue - Five hundred thousand
Green - Three hundred thousand
Red - Four hundred thousand
Yellow - Four hundred thousand
Bronze - Fifty thousand
Indigo - Thirty thousand
Jade - Thirty thousand
White - Twenty thousand
Crimson - Three hundred thousand
Cobalt - Two hundred thousand
Silver - Two hundred thousand
Russet - A hundred thousand
Gold - A hundred and fifty thousand
Purple - Seventy five thousand.

Let the action commence!

Socketed Full Plate:
- Armour Bonus +3 AC
- 6 Soak 10 damage
- Freedom
- Disease: Immunity
- On hit Poison: Level 9
- Regen +1
- Spell Resistance 10
- +3 Universal Saves
- Weight Reduction 40%
- +4 Intelligence

Perfect for the one who’s adept in both the art of fighting and dabbling in the somewhat approvable arts of magic. Bidding will start at Nine hundred thousand gold coins.

Ortelessa’s Breath of the Dragon Fan:
- Dragon breath, Acid
- Dragon breath, Lightning
- Dragon breath, Paralysis
- Dragon breath, Sleep

A beautiful but deadly Fan, perfect for the femme fetale of the party. Bidding will start at Forty thousand gold coins.

Rings of Invisibility:
- Several with dexterity, constitution and wisdom enhancing abilities.

Not much to say really. The bidding will start at a hundred thousand coins, each.

Tribal Guardians:
- Several with Dexterity and Intelligence enhancing abilities.

Not much to say here either. Bidding will start at two hundred and fifty thousand coins, each.

Spell stopper:
- 24 Spell Resistance.

Great for the tough magically inclined opponent. This should quiet him quite nicely. Bidding will start at a hundred and fifty thousand coins.

Tower Shield:
- +6 Ac
- Slash 5% immunity
- 10-/ Sonic resist
- +4 Dexterity
- Regen +1
- +3 Universal Saves
- 40% Weight Reduction

A shield suitable for the limber fighter that can manoeuvre a swift blow or two at his opponent. Bidding will start at six hundred thousand coins.

Greater Belts of Resistance:

- Greater Brawler’s Belt 20-/ bludgeoning (2 left)
- Greater Archer’s Belt 20-/ piercing (2 left)
- Greater Swordsman’s belt 20-/ slashing (1 left)

Ingenious for the avid adventurer. Good to have should that assassin be carrying a variety of different knives and such. Bidding will start at seventy-five thousand gold coins.

Epic Elf Blade:

- 10 EB
- 3 Unique Uses per day (Harm, Hellball, etc etc.)

For the young male elven fighter or wizard, this comes as a great help as it fits their hands perfectly and have proven an invaluable asset. Bidding will start at five hundred thousand gold coins.

Adventurer’s Book of Cure Serious Wounds:

- Cures serious wounds (6 left).

Good to have on you in any case. Should you scrape your knee or catch a fatal wound, this book will help you out in every situation thinkable. Twenty-thousand gold coins each.

Book of Town Portal:
- Opens a portal to the temple that you can go through and come back through.

Nobody walking the streets or roads of Blackstone for that matter should be caught without one. Bidding will start at twenty-five thousand gold coins each.

Combat Gloves +4 Dexterity:

- 15-/ Piercing resistance
- 15-/ Bludgeoning resistance
- 15-/ Slashing resistance

Good for the agile and perhaps the sneakier person of society’s confines. Bidding will start at three hundred thousand gold coins.

G. Belt of Guiding Light +4 Wisdom:

- +8 Listen
- +8 Spot
- +8 Search
- + 4 Wisdom

Clerics and monks will want this. It helps strengthen the purity of the mind for the endurance of further tasks in the works of which they work within. Bidding will start at three hundred thousand gold coins.

Socketed Longbow:
- +20 AB
- Massive criticals 2d6
- Mighty +15

Now this is a pride and joy bow. For the outdoorsman or the local ranger, this will more than suffice when the hunt has begun. Bidding will start at nine hundred thousand gold coins.

Boots of Elvenkind:

- +6 AC
- 5% Cold Immunity
- +2 Dex
- +3 Universal Saves
- Regen +1
- +10 Move Silently

Once again, another item highly recommended for the ranger or outdoorsman. Particularly favoured by Elves these boots enhance the ability to meld with the shadows themselves. Bidding will start at seven hundred thousand gold coin.

Socketed Kama:
- +20 AB
- Damage bonus: 1d8 bludgeoning, 2d4 piercing & 1d6 sonic
- Holy Avenger
- Keen
- Massive Criticals 2d6
- Vamp Regen +6

A true work of art, only able to be hold by the finest of warriors whom strive for truth and justice. Veritas est Justus. Bidding will start at seven hundred thousand gold coin.

Boots of Haste:
- Boots imbued with the ability to haste its user.

A must own like the book of town portal. You wouldn’t be caught dead in Blackstone without these. Figuratively speaking of course. Bidding will commence at seventy five thousand gold coins.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

An noble looking gentleman with a violet surcoat and and fancy puffy pants steps up to the front of the theater. His poofy hair and sparkly teeth give the implication that he's well groomed and well-kept. Not to mention that his coin purse is brimming with shinies... though the bag itself looks to be magically sealed and trapped.

"I say there! What's all this rubbish? Tattered fans and used longbows? What sort of armor makes a person smarter anyway?" he huffed as he puffed his cheeks out in an appauled expression.

Then a few things caught his eye, "Ah, finally some worthwhile merchandise. I thought I, P. J. Dufflepuff, would never see the day! Affordable amulets and belts! I say, chap, I'm on the ballet now."

He sharply turned to the auctioneer and announced in his overly pompous and strangely accented voice, "Two hundred fifty thousand for one of those Tribal Guardians. Seventy-five thousand for each of the different kind of Greater Belt, that means I want three in total. Mark it down! I don't want a mistake for the noblest nobles of the upper-most part of Upper Blackstone. And three hundred thousand for that belt of Guiding Light. Yes! The one that priests and the like pride themselves on. Thank you, sire!"

With that, Mr. Dufflepuff turned back around and took his seat, giving anyone who even dared to look at his claims the ol' stink eye.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Very well, Mr. Dufflepuff. Do I hear anyone higher? Going once. To bid you must increase the original bid by fifty thousand gold coins or more."
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

A flash of light announced to all that someone had just come through the portal. Standing there was a dwarf, splashed liberally with the gore of whatever he had just fought, from where ever he had just arrived.

He was on his way to clean up when he stopped for a minute to see what the hub-bub was about. From a distance he saw some shiny bits that looked interesting but did not want to go any closer out of respect for those with weaker stomachs. He would come back later.

Then it happened. Some pop-in-jay peacock bid on a few items and then tried to intimidate all those in attendance with a glare. He even made eye contact with him!

The dwarf smiled and loudly drew a dagger as made his way through he crowd, stopping near the bidder.

"I'm not to be likin' the way I was looked at just now," growled the dwarf as he used the old dagger to scrape something from between the fingers of his gauntlet.

His eyes glazed over a bit and he moved the dagger, now covered in half congealed blood, closer to his face and spoke. "I think this one looked at me in the same way."

Whether he spoke to the dagger or the crowd or the man in the fancy pants, no one could be sure.

He looked up with a grin as he flicked the dagger clean (just near enough to offened the man in the fancy pants) and utterred, "150 thousand for the Greater Swordsman's belt. That means I want the only one in the auction. Mark it down. Dunabar Foehammer."

The dwarf sheathed the dagger and shot the peacock a hairy eyeball of his own before leaving while mutterring something about dwarves, and eyeballs and beards.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

"I say!" P. J. Dufflepuff huffed as the dwarven fellow left the area. That stout bugger thought to better the noblest of nobles. P. J. saw the bloodied dagger and put on an expression of disgust... but he smiled on the inside. Dunbar Foehammer... He will have to get in contact with Master Foehammer in the very very near future, but not as P. J. Dufflepuff.

"Right! I say! Two-hundred thousand for the item in question! Not a penny less!" Mister Dufflepuff called out. He could buy the belt for half that at the old man's rag-tag shop of mystical wonders, but this was a purchase of pride now.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

From off in the distance the gruff voice of Dunabar could be heard.

"Three hundred!!! Mark it down!!!"

Those that could see him say he neither broke stride nor turned around.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Glancing from side to side, gnawing on his bottom lip, P.J. Dufflepuff dabbed his brow with a hanky. To be beaten by some brute of a dwarf or to save his coppers for another day? That was the question.

"I say, time to fight another day," he muttered to himself as he relaxed his posture. The dwarf can have the belt... as Mister Dufflepuff has other items of interest.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Whilst browsing the magnificent items for sale Trudes barely hears the two 'gentlemen' to her left bartering over a belt as her eyes light up at the sight of a rather lovely pair of gloves..

" I say Mr Cain, I would like to place a bid for these gloves, How does one hundred and fifty thousand gold plus one gold forge stone sound to you?"
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Trudes wrote:Whilst browsing the magnificent items for sale Trudes barely hears the two 'gentlemen' to her left bartering over a belt as her eyes light up at the sight of a rather lovely pair of gloves..

" I say Mr Cain, I would like to place a bid for these gloves, How does one hundred and fifty thousand gold plus one gold forge stone sound to you?"
"Going once. Goince twice. Do I hear any other bids?"
shaggy1971
Baron
Baron
Location: Loooking behind himself making sure Foxy isnt there

Post by shaggy1971 »

Staring across the keep to all those sorruonding the gentleman a dark figure watched contentedly at all those bidding on the items...

As the sun set he slowly walked across to see what the man was selling and glanced over a few good items.

HMM *he pondered to himself as he watched Trudes purchase her items*

As he glanced around it caught his eye.... the dull coloration of the shield

Auctioneer i shall obtain that stone from you*points to the shield*...i shall send to you a friend of mine a Gnome he will purchase it from you...

With that the pale skinned man disappeared as quickly as he arrived ...but a voice could be heard on the winds...you will recognise him when he tells you that Baron sent him and then he was gone
I see rivers of blood and....

Hmmmm perhaps a spleen
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

"Very well then. This auction is then concluded, you may pay my manservant and receive your purchase on the way out. Thank you."