Your REAL LIFE photo as your char portrait!!!

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

musclegirl16f
Commoner
Commoner

Your REAL LIFE photo as your char portrait!!!

Post by musclegirl16f »

I thought this might be cool..and found out that the game itself will make this way too easy to do.The nwn game can convert any photo you want to the proper sizes for you.

Here is how to make your own real life photo as your character portrait:
1) Place the photo of your choice(as a jpg) into your nwn "Portraits" folder.Name it something you remember.
2)Start NWN...new game OR saved game.
3)When game starts,press the tilde key(" ~")
4) Type "Conv" then press "Tab" key which will auto-complete the "ConvertPortrait" command.
5) Add to that line the name of the photo you saved in your portrait folder.(example...i saved mine as "Sabra")Dont add the jpg extension when you type this in.
6)You are done! The game has now done the converting for you.

If this is something that interests ya'll maybe we could have a place folks could send their portraits where others could periodically download them.

After doing the portrait conversion all you would have to do is zip your assorted size portraits and send them to the forum for download by anyone who wishes to see them.

Just thought this would be way cool.
See ya'll in game; Sabra.