What do you love/hate about Blackstone?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

oPlayer
Knight
Knight

Post by oPlayer »

Shaggy, no, my comments were made and were concluded AFTER playing bsk for about 3 years. I gave my 'opinion'. And for the record im not here defending anyone. I dont defend foul comments, questionable or offensive language. You are entitled to your opinion. I gave mine because i was asked.

I would like to see this stay constructive for BSK2. Lets not go off topic.

oplayer...from what i can see with your dislike to many DM's i thing you are wrong...the DM team do a great job and help a lot of new players find their feet by answering questions asked...

But then again could you be on about the nasty little spat your RP partner spouted out in ooc chat and yup i have seen the screenies cos one of the insulted players was my wife...

I say to the DM's and Driller who have made BSK what it is today ...

Well done for a fantastic job and may BSK keep going to be one of THE best servers around
-Juzaum (A.K.A. Felonious- Master Crafter)
"Having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!"
GrayBeryl
Commoner
Commoner

Post by GrayBeryl »

Thanks for asking, Driller. That in itself would make my 'like' list.

In addition, likes:
-Forge stones/socket gems
-Several excellent challenging areas where creatures swarm
-Core of excellent Rp'ers
-A few active dm's adding to the game play

Would like to see:
-A useful crafting system (mining, logging, herb gathering to compliment a armor/weapon crafting, scroll writing and potion creation as examples)
-A balanced PC based economic system-lets make gold meaningful
-A lower level of average to exception magic drops-let the PC's make these
-A purpose to guilde wars and PvP-one game I built for would give the fee charged by the bank to the guild that had won the most recent competition. Something like that.
-Player houses/rooms with persistent items that can be purchased or made.
-more challenging areas-I like a harsh world that encourages using your brain as often as your sword as well as encourages groups to defeat key mobs.
-Several more active and engaged Dm's. The world will be as alive as the dm's can make it on a daily basis.
-Alignment/Class/Race specific quests. Much as one has to choose what class to level, I think it would be nice to have a non-linear quest progression that grows from these player choices.
-Minor one: Can't bags and packs that are found as drops ever have anything in them? LOL I am always so disapointed that they are empty :)

That is a start, at least.

Beryl
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

shaggy1971 wrote:oplayer...from what i can see with your dislike to many DM's
Nobody loves ALL the DMs. All the DMs love nobody.

Hell, I hated Myle at one point. Now we're like this:

Does everyone have their
Flame retardant suit? I always pack mine.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:
shaggy1971 wrote:oplayer...from what i can see with your dislike to many DM's
Nobody loves ALL the DMs. All the DMs love nobody.

Hell, I hated Myle at one point. Now we're like this:
ROFL...

oplayer... Those are issues which can not be resolved by posting them in a like/dislike and nonspecific fashion. It is also an issue which should be handled through PM's.

Feel free to PM any information, screenshots and a list of validating contacts to me: ST_DM_Myle -at- yahoo -dot- com

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

LOVES:
1) The thought put into the storyline and ability for someone to solo through the world solving the quests and shrines
2) The use of portals for travel
3) The class specific scripts for rogues
4) The active pantheon
5) The use of an interconnected underworld
6) The major Ultima themes that are incorporated into the world
7) The variety with the forge
8) NOT making the sewers the first area to go (learned that the hard way)
9) The connection to the forums and the constant attention to updating the world as needed
10) The persistent quest log
11) Ability to change religions

HATES:
1) The lack of ECL for subraces with wings. I think that's an effective way to control those subraces so they don't become so overpresent. I think the wings for RDD make sense, and come with time and experience as opposed to start at lvl one additions
2) The PPing in the general area. I think it'd be more appropriate if there were 'slums' or designated areas of town where it fits (this would mean having a larger city spread over multiple areas, which I think would be great!)
3) The overuse of HiPS. It would be nice to have a script that limited its use to shadowy areas or created a time limit.
4) The linear aspect of shrines. It would have been nice to have more areas and a puzzle to solve in order to progress (kinda like Ultima dungeons)
5) Only one major city. It would have been nice to have Bordermarch or Skara Brae have more of a living population and possible ability to set as home cities.
6) Around lvl 20, it becomes impossible to level without going on with the 'kill many monsters for exp' approach. It would be nice to have more natural progression like there is prior to lvl 20.
7) Sockets only being good for specific elemental or type damage. Would have been nice to have rare socket stones that offer different stat bonuses.
8) The inability to get info on forge stone properties outside of player interaction. It would be nice to have SOME NPCs that give a bit of information on that, or an NPC that would forge items for you.
9) Spam knockdown
10) Polarized religions. Would be nice to have gods of order and chaos, and more identification and powers for class specific gods.
11) Whiny players (could there be a script to take care of this? *The script ends up attacking viobane for some of the 'hates' posted here*)
Rami_Ahmed
Baron
Baron

Post by Rami_Ahmed »

I haven't played at BSK that long, but I'll post my thoughts anyway. :mrgreen:

Like:
- Great spawning system. Could perhaps be a bit more random, though.
- Nice with hidden shops.
- A lot of quests.
- Areas are not too close to each other.
- The 2-3 active DMs does a good job, but BSK should have a dozen DMs. Where are they all?
- Loot/Monster drop system.
- DM events.

Dislike:
- Too many inactive DMs.
- Too much OOC and unserious RP.
- Too strong items.
- Not enough "worthy" towns. It would be nice with more than Blackstone Keep, as "strong" towns.
- Not enough pvp battles! :mrgreen:
- Too easy to level up, with certain classes, after level 20.
- XP system ain't that inspiring.
- Arena is a bit strange. Is it ooc or ic? If there is an arena, it should be ic, in my opinion.
- More "specific" quests would be nice. Like, a quest only for clerics. A quest only for Palemaster, and so on.

That said, I really enjoyed Blackstone keep. It's always easier to find bad things, than good things. ;)
Official Linkin Park fan!
Vortex79
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Vortex79 »

I can play a reasonably belivable dragon here that kicks the asses of almost all the other dragon.. save that bastard prizmatic.
FOXY LADY790
Count
Count

Post by FOXY LADY790 »

*Grins*..Vortex i know DH has a lovelly pet Dragon..im sure hell introduce you to it one day hehehe :D
I may be small but im fast cunning and very very devious
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Awww Sparkies a softy...he likes to play with his food a lot :twisted:
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

DM Dragonheart wrote:Awww Sparkies a softy...he likes to play with his food a lot :twisted:
*gets out of dragon shape*

dont get any ideas... *runs away in badja shape*

and no way i'm fighting a dragon controled by a DM... i was once beaten by a weasel on another server, i'm just too scared to see what a dragon can do :shock:
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Difas wrote:
DM Dragonheart wrote:Awww Sparkies a softy...he likes to play with his food a lot :twisted:
*gets out of dragon shape*

dont get any ideas... *runs away in badja shape*

and no way i'm fighting a dragon controled by a DM... i was once beaten by a weasel on another server, i'm just too scared to see what a dragon can do :shock:
Weasels are sneaky and tricky, ofcourse you lost!, however dragons are big, sleepy and slow and tent to use breath weapons most are immune to... They make fast pincushions to small creatures.
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Post by Qui Chang »

Don't change a thing! Years ago I played another Mod. It was great. 40 to 50 players there at all time! It was very similar to BSK in many ways. One main DM left and the other DMs started changing things based on what the players were complaining about. Ironically after all these changes, the server no longer has any players, It is still up but always at 0. There will always be things that people like or dislike and no matter what you do to try to fix things it will never be good enough for everyone. Its a psycological thing. People get what they want, then they no longer strive for it and they loose interest. The fact that so many great people play on BSK and that people always seem to come back, says to me it's aleady a good mod with a great balance of all things. So in closing...If it aint broken, dont fix it. :)
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

:lol: yea agree fully with Chang, there is nothing to change. i have been to the other servers like aerelith and so on, and they do not compare to BSK. everything from to forging to the....ummm everything is awesome! i really hope BSK keeps on running for a long time to come since, iam realativley new to the server (since november). :lol:

LONG LIVE BLACKSTONE KEEP!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Yeah, so I'm new here, and will probably be spat upon for my lack of knowledge of the server, but I figure I'll post anyway.

1.)The Helpfulness of everyone I've encountered
2.)The willingness to raise me no matter how many times those ridiculous cultists or anything else for that matter beat me senseless
3.)The Forge stones seem like a pretty cool idea, I just can't use them yet.
4.)I'm a huge "hidden stuff" kinda player. And so far, I've been impressed, so props on that.
5.)The quests certainly help out a lot, especially for casters.
...can't really think of other really good ones at the moment, since I'm at work

Dislikes:

1.)The Knockdown issue. Now, playing as a sorc is ridiculous difficult as is, most will attest to that. And it seems reasonable that some monsters would have the ability to knock somebody down. But DANG, I best have my underpants tightened down when I roll into a few of those areas (I'm looking at you Elite Tyranoid that came out with the fury of a thousand hells and mercilessly threw down crazy Indian Burns).
2.)Can't say as I've actually been witness to any DM run questing. Now, this may be attributed to any time zone difference. Haven't really read all the threads here yet, so I'm not sure

Other than that, I can't think of much. I've enjoyed my short time here so far and anticipate enjoying more (here in about 2 hours when I get off of work)

Keep up the good work
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
mayble
Commoner
Commoner

Post by mayble »

Dont know if your still reading this thread or not still but I will post something that I have a problem with now that I have been playing a long time with multiple lvl 40 characters. This is the high lvl loot. There is nothing that drops in the game to enhance or better you gear/weopons other than a forge stone every now and then. To many heal kits and pots drop. I think the loot table is pretty bad at the high end lvl. No chances of finding that great sword or armor.

On the good side, this is the best server ive palyed on so far. I really do like everything else but the bad loot.