Does rerolling using the same or similar name mess things up?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Does rerolling using the same or similar name mess things up?

Post by Stabbath »

I am a returning player and used the same, or similar names with my new characters. I deleted a lot of characters before. I have a couple of characters with rogue as one of the classes, one is character lvl 17, and the other lvl 23. I haven't received the invitation yet for the thieves guild and wondering if my toons are bugged somehow. I tried the password at the door, and the npc says doesn't recognize me. I did this in case since using a similar or the same name, maybe it would work, if my previous characters were in the guild. I read that sometimes it takes awhile to get "noticed" but after lvl 20? Seems like a long time. Another new character got right in, I think before lvl 3. My lvl 23 is lawful neutral, does this have an impact? Thanks for any info. rather not start my main character (the lvl 23) over again, and like her name and having a hard time coming up with a different one I like.
DM Voodoo
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Does rerolling using the same or similar name mess things up?

Post by DM Voodoo »

I just found out that if you use the exact same name you don't get a rebirth at 40th level. But other than that I seemed to have no issues.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

This server has a rebirth? Start back at lvl 1 with increase stats? Ugh, have to restart my main again. Used the name before. Will wait back to read reply to make sure before I do I guess.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Rebirth deletes your current character, but saves the XP.(you will need someone to hold your golds and items). You then create a new character with the exact same name. When you log back in, your XP will be returned to you.
Stabbath wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:50 am This server has a rebirth? Start back at lvl 1 with increase stats? Ugh, have to restart my main again. Used the name before. Will wait back to read reply to make sure before I do I guess.
DM Voodoo
Commoner
Commoner

Post by DM Voodoo »

What I was talking about is if you have a character and level to 40th and get your rebirth. Later on deleted the character completely it's gone. Used the guy near the docks and perm deleted. About a month after that I made a new character with the same name and took him from 1st to 40th again. He didn't receive a rebirth for reaching 40th level.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Post by Stabbath »

so rebirth is just basically what Zane by warden does? By rebirth you are just releveling your skills (having the same exp pool as when you get reset to lvl 1)? In some games you can reincarnate after reaching max level, start over again but with increased stats. Nothing like that on this server? Just wanting to make sure. I didn't want screwed out of doing something like that if it were possible. Thanks for the reply.
DM Voodoo
Commoner
Commoner

Post by DM Voodoo »

No a rebirth takes you back to character creation. You can change race, abilities, your class for 1st level, sub-race, deity, so on. But you have to use the exact name when you do.