Another snake temple inquiry, and thief guild possible glitch

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Another snake temple inquiry, and thief guild possible glitch

Post by Stabbath »

How come sometimes there is a prisoner there, in the snake temple, when you come to from unconsciousness and sometimes not? Just random or does something trigger it?

I was in Hinterlands earlier going into a cave (one with a dead body at entrance) however upon entering, there were neutral rats, and the game froze for a long time. Eventually I was able to leave out of the cave and into the place I should have been in the first place, with the dead body. Think it was ogres in the cave. The game froze again. I went afk, 5 min, came back and was disconnected. I am a returning player from long ago, and vaguely recall the rats, and zoning into a cave in regards to the thief guild. Is this a glitch? Maybe due to lag it messed the thief guild intro up? Should I be concerned about having to reroll? I was looking forward to experiencing the thieves guild.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another snake temple inquiry, and thief guild possible glitch

Post by driller »

It is a bug in the game that has to do with instances and encounter triggers. The Hinterlands is just a cutscene showing what happened to the guy you are looking for, it has nothing to do with the Thieves Guild.
Stabbath wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:37 am How come sometimes there is a prisoner there, in the snake temple, when you come to from unconsciousness and sometimes not? Just random or does something trigger it?

I was in Hinterlands earlier going into a cave (one with a dead body at entrance) however upon entering, there were neutral rats, and the game froze for a long time. Eventually I was able to leave out of the cave and into the place I should have been in the first place, with the dead body. Think it was ogres in the cave. The game froze again. I went afk, 5 min, came back and was disconnected. I am a returning player from long ago, and vaguely recall the rats, and zoning into a cave in regards to the thief guild. Is this a glitch? Maybe due to lag it messed the thief guild intro up? Should I be concerned about having to reroll? I was looking forward to experiencing the thieves guild.
Stabbath
Knight
Knight

Re: Another snake temple inquiry, and thief guild possible glitch

Post by Stabbath »

Ok, thank you very much. That's a relief.