my head is invisible to other players

Report any bugs you find here.
brainbottle
Commoner
Commoner

my head is invisible to other players

Post by brainbottle »

I've had various other people in the game tell me they can't see my character's head. They can see my helmet, when I'm wearing one and it isn't hidden, but the head I picked during character creation is invisible to them.

I've installed mods with custom heads that I intended to use for single player, but maybe the game allowed me to pick a custom head for this server? I would have thought that I could only use custom content specific to a server, considering how they automated the process of downloading the exact custom content used by each server (if any).

In any case, there appears to be no way to change a character's head after character creation on this server. Could you add that ability, similar to how helmets can be changed, and cycle only through the default/vanilla/supported heads? That would solve my problem, and also would be a cool feature in general.
Voodoo_Magi
Commoner
Commoner

Re: my head is invisible to other players

Post by Voodoo_Magi »

Yep seen it earlier today,,, headless lol.
brainbottle
Commoner
Commoner

Post by brainbottle »

As an experiment I removed my steam subscription to a mod named "Amia heads", and sure enough, when I logged into the server my character was headless. Sigh.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Type /default in chat and press enter. See if that helps.
brainbottle
Commoner
Commoner

Post by brainbottle »

I just tried /default, and my head is still invisible. This sadly makes perfect sense to me, because my entire problem is the original head I chose in character creation was bad from square one. There was no previous, valid head to restore.
Voodoo_Magi
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Voodoo_Magi »

On another server I had a problem with doors that were invisible... Try to go into steamlibrary, steamapps, common, nwn, bin, win32 there find the nwmain.exe file... Set compatibility to windows 7... Then load game with nwmain.exe... Fixed my invisible door problem.
brainbottle
Commoner
Commoner

Post by brainbottle »

I don't think my problem has anything to do with windows 7 compatibility mode. I could see my own head just fine, as long as I was subscribed to the mod from the steam workshop where the head came from. It was only everyone else on the server who couldn't see my head, because the model number for my head (which is literally just an integer value, at the scripting level) referenced a model they don't have installed.

I've removed the head mod, so I now also don't see my own head. The model number is still there, and I could probably see it again if I re-installed the mod. I suppose in theory if Driller adopted the mod for the entire server, everyone could see my head, but I'm not expecting that.

I've been googling about this issue, and here's an interesting summary:
https://www.gog.com/forum/neverwinter_n ... yer_in_nw1

The head mod is the "purely visual" type of mod. I've downloaded a utility to change a character's head, and I can use it to fix a local copy of my headless character in a new single player game, but I can't apply it to my real character on the server because it involves server-side scripts, which rightly and correctly can't be overridden by every user with random custom content.