Barbarian Purity

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Niels Sanders
Commoner
Commoner

Barbarian Purity

Post by Niels Sanders »

Hello Dev Driller,

I noticed a severe lack of barbarians on the server.
I made one, and their rage isnt that impressive. The feats from fighter levels and DR from Dwarf defender beats them at all spots.
To balance things out, and make Barbarians great again, I want to suggest the following:

1. Introduce the Barbarian Purity Bonus
Barbarians get bonus attacks for Barbarian levels.
It will open up a lot of cool builds including Barbarism.
1st bonus attack at 10 Barbarian levels
2nd bonus attack at 27 Barbarian levels
3rd bonus attack at 36 Barbarian levels

2. Rage Heals
If a barbarian is already in rage, and activate rage again, they heal for Barb levels + intimidate + Cha modifier.
This make the usual overdose of rage activations more useful, and the Barbarian class more fun.

Hope you like it.

Greetings,
Niels Sanders
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Re: Barbarian Purity

Post by Pharo_IK »

Niels Sanders wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 am Hello Dev Driller,

I noticed a severe lack of barbarians on the server.
I made one, and their rage isnt that impressive. The feats from fighter levels and DR from Dwarf defender beats them at all spots.
To balance things out, and make Barbarians great again, I want to suggest the following:

1. Introduce the Barbarian Purity Bonus
Barbarians get bonus attacks for Barbarian levels.
It will open up a lot of cool builds including Barbarism.
1st bonus attack at 10 Barbarian levels
2nd bonus attack at 27 Barbarian levels
3rd bonus attack at 36 Barbarian levels

2. Rage Heals
If a barbarian is already in rage, and activate rage again, they heal for Barb levels + intimidate + Cha modifier.
This make the usual overdose of rage activations more useful, and the Barbarian class more fun.

Hope you like it.

Greetings,
Niels Sanders
Greetings,

Regarding #1: might be more balanced to go with 13, 28, 40 for the level choices to reward more focus on barb levels and leave less room for min/maxing a mutliclass focus.

Regarding #2: I am not an authority on Barbs and how many Rages they get (generally), but that does sound like a way to reward Barbarians and might reduce the dependence on magic for those who RP a dislike for magic. Might consider a boost for Barbarians using heal kits as well.... maybe +50% healing from kits unless they roll a N20 and let the N20 on a heal kit give full hit points just like a Greater Restore?

Cheers,
Pharo
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
Niels Sanders
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Barbarian Purity

Post by Niels Sanders »

Hey Pharo,

You make a good point.

I chose 36 to incorporate 4 fighter for weapon specialization.
27 to make a 3 sorcerer 10 palemaster 27 barbarian
And 10 because erm.... becuase 10 :-)

Primarily I would love it when Barbarians feel like the ones that do a bit more damage than other classes.

Anyways, hope it helps :-)

Greetinx