No longer the owner of my Golems

Report any bugs you find here.
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

No longer the owner of my Golems

Post by Dragadoth »

Hi Driller,

Hoping you can help - I have just upgraded to a new PC and installed everything and logged into NWN ok, but my mages can no longer summon their golems - its as if they dont exist.

Tried delevelling and going to Bellamy to refund and remake them - but its as if they don't exist. Which means I cant summon or get my gear back to remake them?

I assume this is related to moving my account to a new PC as the error it says is "Only the original owner:Q6UQ4JNL can us this item."

Is there anyway this can be fixed or my gear refunded - I have 3 mages and 1 sorcerror :oops: :shock:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No longer the owner of my Golems

Post by driller »

Copy the cdkey.ini from the old PC to the new or edit the file and put in your old key.

Located here: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\cdkey.ini
Dragadoth wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:05 pm Hi Driller,

Hoping you can help - I have just upgraded to a new PC and installed everything and logged into NWN ok, but my mages can no longer summon their golems - its as if they dont exist.

Tried delevelling and going to Bellamy to refund and remake them - but its as if they don't exist. Which means I cant summon or get my gear back to remake them?

I assume this is related to moving my account to a new PC as the error it says is "Only the original owner:Q6UQ4JNL can us this item."

Is there anyway this can be fixed or my gear refunded - I have 3 mages and 1 sorcerror :oops: :shock:
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

That's going to be a problem as it ran from my onedrive - and when I installed on the new PC it overwrote the onedrive folder. :oops:

Think this means I cannot find the old cdkey file?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Where did you buy the game from?
Dragadoth wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 am That's going to be a problem as it ran from my onedrive - and when I installed on the new PC it overwrote the onedrive folder. :oops:

Think this means I cannot find the old cdkey file?
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

steam.

Have logged back onto the old PC - it has the same cdkey, but I can also summon my golem. I will try copying some files across to see if I can get it to work on new PC.
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

Check that the account name is exactly the same, it is case sensitive
Dragadoth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dragadoth »

Thank you, thank you, thank you - both of you.

This was the problem - had put one letter as a capital when before it was lowercase. Something so simple but was beginning to get worried.

Why don't they make these things as a drop down menu selection - be so much easier.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Glad it is working.