Waygate

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Waygate

Post by Qui Chang »

This one isn't a huge deal but I've run across the occasional problem of not correctly "discovering" a waygate. I'm not sure if the discovery part is implemented in the OnUsed of the useable waygate object or via the conversation that is triggered after using the waygate object but sometimes when someone else is trying to "discover" it, it won't add to my list of known waygates. This may be intentional behavior. I'm not sure. But might I suggest adding the "discovery" directly to the trigger that animates the waygate object. Even if it is a universal script for all waygates, you could still add the variable unique to that waygate, to the trigger itself. Then have a universal line in the trigger script that grabs "MY WAYGATE VAR", add it to whatever database method you are using to store knows waygate locations, and adds a player message letting you know you have discovered that waygate (which might require a second string var to be stored on the trigger). This would require the player to only have to run up to the waygate which might be sufficient enough to "learn" it. Unless of course it is preferred behavior to trigger the conversation to learn it.
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Waygate

Post by driller »

This was an old bug that should be fixed. When you enter the chess board square, a trigger will set the variable on your PC.
Qui Chang wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:08 pm This one isn't a huge deal but I've run across the occasional problem of not correctly "discovering" a waygate. I'm not sure if the discovery part is implemented in the OnUsed of the useable waygate object or via the conversation that is triggered after using the waygate object but sometimes when someone else is trying to "discover" it, it won't add to my list of known waygates. This may be intentional behavior. I'm not sure. But might I suggest adding the "discovery" directly to the trigger that animates the waygate object. Even if it is a universal script for all waygates, you could still add the variable unique to that waygate, to the trigger itself. Then have a universal line in the trigger script that grabs "MY WAYGATE VAR", add it to whatever database method you are using to store knows waygate locations, and adds a player message letting you know you have discovered that waygate (which might require a second string var to be stored on the trigger). This would require the player to only have to run up to the waygate which might be sufficient enough to "learn" it. Unless of course it is preferred behavior to trigger the conversation to learn it.
Qui Chang
Baron
Baron

Re: Waygate

Post by Qui Chang »

Gotcha. Thank you for the info.
"When the student is ready.....the master appears" Old Zen Saying