New player, some comments

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
bigbreadandbutter
Commoner
Commoner

New player, some comments

Post by bigbreadandbutter »

Hiya folks!

I have played on the server for a bit now. Got a level 40 character, too! It's been a trip.

I cannot stop stressing how kind people have been. If I were to name one, in particular, rook is outrageously spectacular in so many ways! But so, so many others, too!

And I'm fantastically impressed by so many of the scripts - for one thing, it absolutely screws with my head that it's possible to differentiate party members from non-party members while finding a chest in the same area, without causing lag.

(Please forgive me for asking so many questions: I'm just trying to figure out how things work.)

Much love,
Za!
bigbreadandbutter
Commoner
Commoner

Re: New player, some comments

Mask is also pretty much the sweetest thing that has happened since cane sugar farming.

[edit: I realize now that due to a syntax error, this sentence may be perceived as not only racist, but as if a slight on Mask. Please forgive me. English is not my native language, and where I come from, that syntactic structure would be the right way to do things. I meant, of course, "[...] since sugar cane farming."]

lol. way to say hi, hehe
bigbreadandbutter
Commoner
Commoner

update: I just saw the coolest stuff I did not know the nwn engine could carry. The Mistvale area is pretty darn spectacular. And (forgive me, I forget the player name) Lady Panacea Stormwatcher is a gem of a person. 5/5. Would go again.
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

Glad to see you enjoy it! You do really well in the Horde’s we have done. That is the only time I have adventured with you. Perhaps raiding will resume in the near future 👍🏻
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

bthorns wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:39 am Glad to see you enjoy it! You do really well in the Horde’s we have done. That is the only time I have adventured with you. Perhaps raiding will resume in the near future 👍🏻
Awe Shucks :P
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
bigbreadandbutter
Commoner
Commoner

Update!

There's something called raids, which apparently is a lot trickier than regular stuff. Most of it is really, really cool. I am absolutely flabbergasted!
For sure though: Think it'd be cooler if spell immunity worked vs certain crazy stuff, but I can see the other side of the argument.

What I have learned though: if you want to do a raid, Sway is the right person to stick with. That seems to go very, very well. (almost) always.

- As a side note, it's really confusing that a lot of people seem to have not only several accounts, but also play lots of different chars at once. I like it, since it seems to bring lots of cool possibilities, but it also means that I have no clue who's online, since most don't seem to adhere to the idea of naming them after their own player name.
bigbreadandbutter
Commoner
Commoner

- I would add to this: A certain someone (I avoid naming people since it may be somewhat controversial) is impressive beyond belief. Running four chars at once, I can't even begin to understand how that's possible.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

bigbreadandbutter wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:38 am - I would add to this: A certain someone (I avoid naming people since it may be somewhat controversial) is impressive beyond belief. Running four chars at once, I can't even begin to understand how that's possible.
Quadboxing isnt terribly difficult with the /follow command.
You can run two game clients on your computer, one on your smart phone then one on a tablet or ipad. Its a little expensive puchasing so many copies but with a good processors on your devices and high internet speeds its doable.
-Lady Sabel
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Kalizzle wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:10 pm
bigbreadandbutter wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:38 am Running four chars at once, I can't even begin to understand how that's possible.
Quadboxing isnt terribly difficult with the /follow command.
Its a little expensive puchasing so many copies but with a good processors on your devices and high internet speeds its doable.
1. Maybe it can be not so expensive as looks. From time to time you can find serious discounts. As example,
on GOG you can order game for $3.14 https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_ni ... ition_pack
In case if you run 4 copy on PC, it can be enough cheap. Sure, mobile version is more expensive.

2. NwN is not so demanding to internet as looks. As for me, 3G is more as enough.
Maybe even good quality EDGE(2G) will be enough too.
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

I don't know who you could possibly mean, but running four toons is ok - I have two screens, and run for instances on the same pc, 2 to a screen. My pc is an average gaming rig, certainly nothing special, but do have a lot of RAM which probably helps.

I bought accounts on Android and iPad - used to run them separate but it got too confusing switching from one mouse to another. So I use the cd key from them for two of the accounts, which is possible to find of you dig into your iPad / phone with a file explorer and text viewer. Other two accounts are different steam accounts.

Internet wise it doesn't take much - game was written 20 years ago - when I first played I was on dial up...

As for the actual gaming, I do tend to find I look across the screen and find my toon is dead quite often... But death is a part of life.