PSA: Black Forge Will Eat Your Items

Report any bugs you find here.
Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

PSA: Black Forge Will Eat Your Items

Post by Goodman »

Was upgrading a Yellow item one black forgie at a time so that I could monitor its item level, but it seems like if you don't take an item out of the Black Forge and place it back in it just eats your item. Put the gold, item, black forgie in, +1 EB added. Leave the item in, put in more gold and another black forgie, consumes all three. See attached in the screenshot, "Your [blank] is imbued with magic."

Honestly I'm not super upset over this because the char I was making this for was going to be kinda impractical anyways and I was just doing it for fun, just spreading awareness.

sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: PSA: Black Forge Will Eat Your Items

Post by sergeil »

As I know, it is well - known feature. You can lost your item if you play with black forge
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I re-wrote this, it should never happen again.
Goodman wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:33 am Was upgrading a Yellow item one black forgie at a time so that I could monitor its item level, but it seems like if you don't take an item out of the Black Forge and place it back in it just eats your item. Put the gold, item, black forgie in, +1 EB added. Leave the item in, put in more gold and another black forgie, consumes all three. See attached in the screenshot, "Your [blank] is imbued with magic."

Honestly I'm not super upset over this because the char I was making this for was going to be kinda impractical anyways and I was just doing it for fun, just spreading awareness.

Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Goodman »

driller wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:13 am I re-wrote this, it should never happen again.
Goodman wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:33 am Was upgrading a Yellow item one black forgie at a time so that I could monitor its item level, but it seems like if you don't take an item out of the Black Forge and place it back in it just eats your item. Put the gold, item, black forgie in, +1 EB added. Leave the item in, put in more gold and another black forgie, consumes all three. See attached in the screenshot, "Your [blank] is imbued with magic."

Bumping this because it just happened to me again. I only have myself to blame this time because it's already happened to me before lmao, but this time my Throwing Axe of Return got eaten up by it. Bug doesn't seem to be fixed.

Same deal, didn't remove the item from the forge and put it back in before putting in another black forgie and requisite gold.