Gold Banking System

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Gold Banking System

Post by Drow Arrow »

so the gold banking system is pretty nice but those bank notes not stacking is kind of a turn off especially considering they take up 2x2 in the inventory.

think it might be more attractive to use if it wasn't so encumber-some on the inventory space.

basically i'd like the notes to stack.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: Gold Banking System

Post by sergeil »

IMHO, it would be nice for new players.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If I did implement a banking system, it would come with taxation, be careful what you ask for.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

driller wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:28 pm If I did implement a banking system, it would come with taxation, be careful what you ask for.
Vogon in the pawn shoppe in blackstone already acts as a kind of bank and takes a fee (3%) i'm just asking for the notes he provides to stack or changed to an item that does.

I'm more than happy for a gold storing system to have a cost. wouldn't be any different to most other systems i've seen used before.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What is the point of this other than trying to avoid a death tax?
Drow Arrow wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:49 pm
driller wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:28 pm If I did implement a banking system, it would come with taxation, be careful what you ask for.
Vogon in the pawn shoppe in blackstone already acts as a kind of bank and takes a fee (3%) i'm just asking for the notes he provides to stack or changed to an item that does.

I'm more than happy for a gold storing system to have a cost. wouldn't be any different to most other systems i've seen used before.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

essentially that is it's purpose i guess.. personally i just don't like carrying multiple millions of gold on my person in part because i don't want to have wasted my time doing raids for loot to sell. not that i couldn't live without the service though but it's nice to have none the less. especially when still levelling, where dying has a more substantial effect.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

IMHO, existing banking system is not interesting for old players. Current realization of banking system is not more as very expensive insurance. Fee is too high (merchant take 10% of gold stored to certificate). It is cost of two deaths. Certificates are not money and you can't use it to pay.

Existing banking system can be useful for beginners who die very frequently and don't know how to ensure their money in another way. But I would decreased fee to 0-2%

IMHO, for skilled players could be interesting to have enhanced banking system: deposit, credit, etc. Sure, deposit have to be motivated by some income. Credit is not payfee too (money have the cost)

Also, it would be good to have something like bonus system. If you have deposit, you can randomly receive forge stones with probability depending to money stored.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Wouldn't it be better just to remove the penalty from dying instead of writing a banking system?
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

driller wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:41 am Wouldn't it be better just to remove the penalty from dying instead of writing a banking system?
IMHO, penalty for death should be, but 10% for insurance is too expensive. I think, 2% is fair price for service. If banking staff will be not so greedy, new players will be much more happy.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Stacking of certificates is interesting for people who already has 100'000+ golds. IMHO, this categories is already enough rich and don't need very much attention.

As for me, it is much more interesting to help new players who grow their first characters. New players are poor by design and trying to save every coin.

Existing banking system works as insurance and it is not bad. Just one issue I see there - it is too expensive.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

driller wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:41 am Wouldn't it be better just to remove the penalty from dying instead of writing a banking system?
but there's already a banking system in place. that's what this suggestion is in relation to. all i want is for the notes he gives to stack or if that's not possible change them to something else that does to make it more feasible to use.

Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I just don't see the point in this as easy as it is to make money in BSK. You basically want to negate the gold penalty for dying. Which would be a far simpler way of doing this IMHO.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

driller wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm I just don't see the point in this as easy as it is to make money in BSK. You basically want to negate the gold penalty for dying. Which would be a far simpler way of doing this IMHO.
ok i get that honestly i do, however we're not so much negating the death penalty as paying it in advance by paying the fee to the bank but at the same time ensuring we have a guaranteed sum of money kept safe.

i think the banking system is a good idea but i can understand why you would just remove the gold penalty however that then only leaves the xp penalty in place when instead we can keep the current death penalty and the banks really just offers players a way to essentially pay the tax up front and store some gold that won't be affected by whether they die or not.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

Also, if I may, there is another benefit to banking you're not considering driller - the ability to protect money from pickpockets in areas like Blackrose or in events where pvp is going on intentionally and with consent. Death is not the only way to lose gold.

Therefore, I second the idea to simply make the existing bank note items stackable and keep everything else as-is.
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Could also use the trade bars to overcome this - but might need to lower their weight to make them a useable and transferable alternative to carrying cash.

Ultimately this still mostly does what Driller says - avoid a death tax. To be honest I find making money isn't too hard, although every so often I find a random item in a shop I can't afford and the issue is that it won't survive the next reset so I can't save up for it. Still, that's part of the game.

The real cost of dying is the xp loss when you're below level 40. This isn't that harsh, but does give you a reason to ask for a resurrection. Would be nice if you could shoot for help when you die, so a rescue could be mounted - this would stimulate more interaction between players, but allow for the fact that xp restrictions mean different levels are unlikely to want to party up.