EVENT: It started with Sarah (Info & Discussion thread)

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Yes, it absolutely will have an ending.

Either the PC's win and defeat the antagonist, or they lose. Please do not lose. It would be way too much work for me if you lost. There is not real reason for the PC's to lose as long as they do not try anymore unprepared or unplanned frontal assualts. :P

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Agarwain
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Agarwain »

just wanted to confirm that the next installment of this event was tonight
after midnight reset ... I hope I can Join in on the fun ... but if not then I will understand
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

My bad for keeping Myle up until sunrise. Well a lot of us did that....cough Demitri.... I'll give him a call for you guys to be sure he makes it.
The world is a strange place.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Sorry guys and gals. We had an family issue this weekend and I was completely tied up with it. I forgot about the session and it was not until Saturday afternoon that I happen to check in with Jaz and she reminded me. :oops:

I apologize to anyone who was left hanging or made special arrangments.

Ny work schedule for December is not out yet, Once my director sends it out, I will reschedule the missed session.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Episode IV Take 2 Is scheduled for Monday Night, November 27, 2007 starting just after the midnight reset.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I was really impressed with some of your RP this last session.

I was also caught off guard by the amount of teamwork this time.

The strategies you all used were wonderful and I seriously had to amp up the creatures to make them a challenge for you. It was not uncommon for me to have to use Tilde commands to modify Str/Dex/Con/SR by 100 or more points.. sometimes across the board.

Some IC points I would like people to honor as a side effect of the campiagn:
Those spend time around him, should start to notice an aura of power around Ian'Vesta. This aura is not the typical PC "aura" based on how powerful a build they have and just happen to be evil... This is an aura of universal perception in the way that nails down a chalk board cause shivers down the back of even the toughest and bravest.

On a evil scale of perception, he would have once rated faint, at the current he would rate as moderate, enough to make commoners avoid him completely unless they are used to dealing directly with powerful adventurers.. The aura grows when he pulls out his book "Cannon of Shalnath". he has also come into possession of a demonic gem that shapechanges his head when he touchs his forehead with it ( Demonhead Helmet ) and when his appearance changes his aura grows again.

Some will consider him awe inspiring or influencial.

Other will see him as a potentail threat or as menacing.

Acts of evil that gain him noteriety or reputation will intensify peoples perceptions of him.

Kazarites may view him as a threat or a potential ally.
Followers of other gods will view him and his followers as a threat.

Monks with 20+ levels will feel intense chaos flowing from him and his followers and may even fall ill if they lose focus or discipline over themselves and are in his presence for prolonged periods.

Those of demonic heritage who are still evil should view him as a representative and priest initiate of Shalnath. Gaining favor with Ian' could be a quick path to power and recognition amoung other demons.

In general, have fun with it.

This is suggested to expand the flavor of the event. Nobody has to feel compeled to adhear to it, but it is meant to add some fun to things between sessions. It is not meant to overshadow any RP unless welcome.

Ian'Vesta has accepted a gift of power and with it has come benefit and consequences.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Episode V

Wednesday night December 13, 2007 immediately after the midnight reset.

All times EST.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Ah well DM_Myle.. thanks for putting in the time....that was challenging to say the very least, and great fun. Those mobs were TOUGH. I had to bag at 3:30am.. I get up at 5:30am for work.... so I'm hurting pretty good right now at 10am! It was worth it...

Props to Kindax, Tela, the Blue Dragon, Ian, one other I can't remember, and to The Whiskey Dwarf... nothing like a warm shot of Scotch in between RuneLord battles.

This was my first time participating in a large event like this... and I wanted to align chararter RP with the story... if a character doesn't fit.. and can't (or wouldn't for RP reasons) add to the group for that reason, I would want to switch characters to play one more closely aligned to the group (evil side). Is that wrong DM-Myle? Would a goodly aligned cleric, or a Paladin (from the RP side) participate?

I liked the event, and rolling with all who were involved... but I would rather use a character who's alignment was more in flow with the group and the story... (for RP reasons)

Your advice Sage Myle?

Balindun
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

The core goal is to stop the Demon Plague.

Many bad guys want to see this threat ended also, which is helpful in providing skilled associates to work with. Unfortunately, this leaves many good guys in a situation in which they are stuck working along side evil.

It would be nice if the group members were all on the same page ideologically, but in this case, it could lead to disaster.

During episode IV, there was a chance for a character to gain power from a lich. Had the party been made up soley of evil characters, the lich would have been harvested and evil strengthened. It is in the best interest of the forces of good that they participate and prevent the balance of tilting towards evil.

There are 7 shrines and only one shrine has been revealed as a ritual location. The ritual at the first shrine was not stopped in time. This second ritual took place at one of the other shrines while the party was in the swamp shrine.

This leaves 3 rituals to go and only the first shrine is discounted as the next location.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Myle..

Very cool... thanks! I can operate effectively on "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" principle.

Just wanted to be sure that I was in keeping with your intent, and good RP practice for this event, and for all the other folks who were already participating. Getting into alignment RP issues would pull focus off working together and defeating the greater problem.

See you Wednesday night.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
BabydollJennifer
Baron
Baron

Post by BabydollJennifer »

Myle,

You're wicked! :twisted: And I like it!
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

BabydollJennifer wrote:Myle,

You're wicked! :twisted: And I like it!
Yeah, I have been more tame of late.

You should have know me when I was evil. 8)

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Be happy he has tone down... I think.
The world is a strange place.