EVENT: It started with Sarah (Info & Discussion thread)

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

EVENT: It started with Sarah (Info & Discussion thread)

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Please post about your characters experiences in the event in this link. I will open a thread on the main forums for genera discussion about tonights event and when the next session will take place.

This will be a semi-regular event. I will plan for the next episode to take place a bit after midnight on the 16th and also on the 23rd, providing the interest continues and I do not have any conflicting schedule problems on my end.

Each episode will last until the reset, unless we reach a logical pause point before the 4am reset.

Some details:
All times I post refer EST.
I am not going to follow individuals who run off on their own investigation. I will follow the group. So if your idea has merit, sway the group to assist you.
Since the two players/characters who latched onto the event first were Kindax and xxSAGExx CAOS, I will consider them the core of the group.
ANY level character may participate.
It is the responsibility of the party to keep each other alive. There will be powerful creatures involved along the way.
I will give out minimal XP. I feel the fun and the experience of the event is plenty of reward. However, there will be rewards of various types along the way, by my own discretion.

The time of the event, unfortunately can not be changed. I have to plan it around my work, family and LoT. If your unable to be around during the time mentioned above, I am apologize.

Those involved, feel free to post your OOC observations, comments, ideas, praise, concerns, etc... here in this thread. If you have an In Character comment/story/issue. Either PM me or post it to the IC thread located in this link.

I hope you each have fun.

Myle
Last edited by ST_DM_Myle on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Okay less than half of you sent me a PM, only one posted a IC post and nobody posted interest in continuing.

People ask for events, say they enjoy them and want it to continue, but do not follow up. It started off with 2 and ended with 9 people.

Do you all want to resume on the 16th?

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Elf of Silver
Knight
Knight

Post by Elf of Silver »

Absolutely I'd like to see it continue. I dont generally post IC remarks on a public forum to avoid metagaming. And quite honestly it would be difficult for me considering Crysania cant speak and therefore didnt do much but fight monsters. If you would like for me to make an attempt I will.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Myle right now can't get online his internet is out. He is working on the problem but for now it looks like the event is not happening. He said he will be on if there is any changes.
The world is a strange place.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

The Bellsouth DNS was down Monday night and did not come back up until sometime Tuesday.

DNS, I was told is the District Network Server. I do not understand why, when Bellsouth owns the damn lines, that they can't reroute signals. Oh well, this is the 4th time they lost link for 12 or more hours and, once again, the number listed for help was disconnected. Time to switch to ClearWire.

Anyways, October 23, 2006 after the midnight reset EST, I will try again.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Bellsouth changed the ip of their DNS servers. You should have gotten an email.

If you didn't, PM with your location and I will send you the DNS ip for that area.

-driller
ST_DM_Myle wrote:The Bellsouth DNS was down Monday night and did not come back up until sometime Tuesday.

DNS, I was told is the District Network Server. I do not understand why, when Bellsouth owns the damn lines, that they can't reroute signals. Oh well, this is the 4th time they lost link for 12 or more hours and, once again, the number listed for help was disconnected. Time to switch to ClearWire.

Anyways, October 23, 2006 after the midnight reset EST, I will try again.

Myle
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Thanks for the offer Driller :)

It is working now.. so it was corrected, by someone, somewhere.
*shrugs*

I do not use ISP based e-mail. I never have, never will. I have used AOL, Earthlink, Bellsouth, Comcast and others and trying to keep up with those changes over the years would be too muchof a headache. I change service about every 2 years in hopes of finding one I do nt end up hating. I clearly told them each when I sign up, if they want to contact me, send me a e-mail on hotmail, yahoo or via snailmail.

Either way, I am canceling Bellsouth by the end of the month. They already over charge, under support and I'm ready to evaluate other options.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Monday 23, 2006 after the midnight reset, EST.

The next installment will pick up tonight and continue on for 2-3 hours. If we have as much fun as last time, we might run until the 4 o'clock reset.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Well... It ran longer thanI expected :)

I had fun.

I will check my work schedule a let everyone know when the next session is within the next few days. It will probibly be next monday night.

Be sure to post some feed back here and in the IC thread.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Episode III Monday night, Oct. 30, 2006 after the midnight reset EST.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Thorgall_GoodAxe
Commoner
Commoner

It was fun

Post by Thorgall_GoodAxe »

Hey that was alot of fun and challenging. Keep it if they are played on friday nigths at midnigth im there. the rest of the week i work 10-7 am but no biggy if I can't make it. I had fun keep up the good work.
In game Thorgall GoodAxe
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Episode IV Friday night, November 17, 2006, after the midnight reset EST.

I will not be able to aim for monday nights for a few weeks due to my work schedule and likely will not have a session the week of Thanksgiving.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

Had a lot of fun during the last episode. Two parties, having to watch the area of affect spells, getting auto attacked everytime I cast Time Stop, actually having to communicate IC with half the group, and total chaos at times....WooHoo!

Can't wait for the next episode.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
Agarwain
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Agarwain »

I was personally Honored to be a part of it ... Although I only was able to take a 1 1/2 hr nap before having to work, I enjoyed every minute of it ...It was both challenging and Fun ... I would be equally Honored to join in again ... Like Thorgall said Friday nights would be much better for me, but I seem to deprive myself of sleep most of the time anyway.

So if I can be of any use to those that began the Quest, I would be honored to join in on the next session.