Hard Core Mode + PvP

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Hard Core Mode + PvP

Post by Mask-inc »

How about a weekend where the server is set on hard core mode. I think it would be something different to "enjoy" for a couple of days, what do you think?

Also, what about changing the raids areas, areas that directly lead to a raid, Aildreck's Tomb, the 2 lost cities into full PvP area similar to Blackrose? I'm sure some would be interested in doing some counter-raids and others similar....dirty works.

Thoughts??

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hard Core Mode + PvP

Post by driller »

The Holy War event is PvP, lets get this fleshed out first. Then we can see about adding objectives and such and allowing followers of other deities to intervene etc...
Mask-inc wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:26 am How about a weekend where the server is set on hard core mode. I think it would be something different to "enjoy" for a couple of days, what do you think?

Also, what about changing the raids areas, areas that directly lead to a raid, Aildreck's Tomb, the 2 lost cities into full PvP area similar to Blackrose? I'm sure some would be interested in doing some counter-raids and others similar....dirty works.

Thoughts??

Mask
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

I would like to separate PvP and hardcore mode ... IMHO, these are two different things.
HardCore mode is server settings. PvP is another thing I don't like.
I agree that hardcore is just an experience, but I wouldn't mix it with PvP.

PS: PvP don't need. BlackRose for PvP is more as enough.
Last edited by sergeil on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

see now i have no problem with a Hardcore mode where PvP wasn't the end of your character but if you died to a monster then your toon would be gone. but if pvp would also wipe the toon i think i'd personally pass but i'm sure there are some sadists happy to do it. but if we're talking proper hardcore i'd say they would have to be like outcasts as far as being unable to trade with other players and the like.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
Azra'eil
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Azra'eil »

Im all for designating more areas to free PvP.. add a bit of thrill but keep the areas away from must-visit areas