Merc Question

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Ozmiz
Commoner
Commoner

Merc Question

Post by Ozmiz »

The mercenary that you can hire in Blackstone seems very squishy and appears to be hard to keep alive.

On the other hand, the Fate Statues can give you a merc that is actually pretty tanky, does decent damage, and can keep himself alive.

What am I missing here? Can I give the hirable merc better gear in some way? After hiring, I can't seem to access his inventory.
A few whacks and this guy dies, which makes for a glorious waste of coin.

Any suggestions appreciated (for my more squishy characters).

Thanks!!
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Re: Merc Question

Post by bthorns »

The mercenary cannot be upgraded to my knowledge, except for getting levels on your character which makes him tougher. That being said, you can buff him with spells, summon things with scrolls, heal him with first aid kits (and healing skill). I usually get one to start and he usually “dies” when I get to the frozen town quests. There is some early quest there that, when entering a cave, a cut scene happens and removes all summons and companions.

The one from the shrine is very solid, but it’s a random reward, not something I would rely on having.
babyscout
Commoner
Commoner

Post by babyscout »

Does anyone know what happens with the hired merc dies? It appears to me that he loses his armor and weapons, but will still follow the player around? Is there a way to re-gear him up?
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Does not appear to be so less Driller makes it possible to change the merc's gear ... I just remove them from my party when they die and reappear near naked and if necessary go hire a new one..
Where there is a will there will be a way...