Help, Character bugged, cannot login

Open Discussion - Please use appropriate decorum
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Help, Character bugged, cannot login

Post by Arithor »

Good morning,

So this morning I respeced my character for crafting, everything went fine. So I memorize spells, rest and go to the crafting store in BSK. Then I loaded her up with everything I own and started sorting it, server reset time came. I figured not an issue continue after the server comes back up......

Well no apparently, I got the message:
Invalid character - player login refused.
Illegal removed spells.

So somehow I had an illegal amount of spells?? No idea how that could be possible?

All my gear, money, forge stones, pretty much everything was on my character.

Character: Naga Craftin
Human Character - Female
LVL40. Wizard 21 / Bard 19.

Please help...

~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help, Character bugged, cannot login

Post by driller »

Let me preface this by saying that I just added the code to fix this issue and it will not be in affect until after the next server reset.

The first thing you need to do is remove any and all 2da files from your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override folders.
If you use Steam, remove all workshop mods.

This is the root cause if your character's issues. You have some sort of mod installed that gives your character more epic spells than what NWN normally allows.

On server entry, your character will be ported to the ELC FIX area where you can transfer your items and rebuild your character.

You just need to make sure you remove whatever mod is causing this first.

Arithor wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:28 am Good morning,

So this morning I respeced my character for crafting, everything went fine. So I memorize spells, rest and go to the crafting store in BSK. Then I loaded her up with everything I own and started sorting it, server reset time came. I figured not an issue continue after the server comes back up......

Well no apparently, I got the message:
Invalid character - player login refused.
Illegal removed spells.

So somehow I had an illegal amount of spells?? No idea how that could be possible?

All my gear, money, forge stones, pretty much everything was on my character.

Character: Naga Craftin
Human Character - Female
LVL40. Wizard 21 / Bard 19.

Please help...

Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

Driller,

First thank you for the quick response! I have not installed an mods I test a few other servers when I started playing NWNEE. I took out the only 2da files I found which were progfx.2da, ruleset.2da, weathertypes.2da and now the game wont run. Any other location I found for NWNEE had nothing in the override folder. I am running the GOG version of the game.

Thank you again!

Anthony-aka-Arithor-aka-Naga-aka-Brok
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The ruleset.2da is probably the culprit.

You might want to repair your install, no files are required to be in the override folder to run the game.
Arithor wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:12 am Driller,

First thank you for the quick response! I have not installed an mods I test a few other servers when I started playing NWNEE. I took out the only 2da files I found which were progfx.2da, ruleset.2da, weathertypes.2da and now the game wont run. Any other location I found for NWNEE had nothing in the override folder. I am running the GOG version of the game.

Thank you again!

Anthony-aka-Arithor-aka-Naga-aka-Brok
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

The ruleset.2da is probably the culprit.
Took that out of the folder and put the other files back and seems to be working as intended.
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

Driller - I have no files in the override folder. I tried to repair the installation, issue still exists.
Uninstalled - with all local files and - Re-installed, issue still exists.
Uninstalled - with all local files and - Re-installed on a different drive, my OS drive, issue still exists.

I have searched my pc, both drives for all neverwinter nights files, checked every location and file.
I didn't find anything...

No sure how to advance from here.
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will get it fixed.
Arithor wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:15 pm Driller - I have no files in the override folder. I tried to repair the installation, issue still exists.
Uninstalled - with all local files and - Re-installed, issue still exists.
Uninstalled - with all local files and - Re-installed on a different drive, my OS drive, issue still exists.

I have searched my pc, both drives for all neverwinter nights files, checked every location and file.
I didn't find anything...

No sure how to advance from here.
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

Driller,

Just an update I installed the game with no patches on a new computer to test if there was anything affecting the character computer side. I still got the same issue on the new computer, fresh install.

One thing I did that may have possibly caused an issue is that I bought all the wizard spells I could find in the game before making the character so I could select spells not readily available during leveling up. During that leveling process I was adding the spells I had in bags on the character to my spell book. Is it possible that somehow it allowed me to add more spells than the server ruleset allows within a single wizard / bard spell book? Not sure if that could have exceeded the spell limit as it was my first wizard or bard on BSK.

Thank you for your assistance,

Anthony - aka - Arithor
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The character is bugged, clearing out your overrides/mods will stop it from happening again. It will not fix the currently bugged version.

When you login, you should be teleported to the ELC area to fix the character, is this not happening?

After the reset at 6pm EDT, when you login in with the bugged character, it will port you to the ELC area were you can re-level and fix your character.

Make sure you do not have any custom mods or 2da files installed.

Arithor wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:10 pm Driller,

Just an update I installed the game with no patches on a new computer to test if there was anything affecting the character computer side. I still got the same issue on the new computer, fresh install.

One thing I did that may have possibly caused an issue is that I bought all the wizard spells I could find in the game before making the character so I could select spells not readily available during leveling up. During that leveling process I was adding the spells I had in bags on the character to my spell book. Is it possible that somehow it allowed me to add more spells than the server ruleset allows within a single wizard / bard spell book? Not sure if that could have exceeded the spell limit as it was my first wizard or bard on BSK.

Thank you for your assistance,

Anthony - aka - Arithor
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

Driller it worked thank you for your help and time! Your a number 1!
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Well, I guess that's better than being a #2.

All jokes aside, glad you got it fixed.
Arithor wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:00 am Driller it worked thank you for your help and time! Your a number 1!
Arithor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Arithor »

driller wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:54 am Well, I guess that's better than being a #2.

All jokes aside, glad you got it fixed.
I was thinking more along the lines of Escape from NY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjC2n2VVtY

But again ty!
~-Characters-
Naga Brightsteel
Naga Kalus
Naga Kalil
Naga McHorden
Naga Asen
Naga Felher
Naga Craftin