A complaint to new players...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

A complaint to new players...

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Am getting a little tired of newer players to BSK just jumping in and killing something I have already targeted and stealing both my kill and especially those glowing mobs that drop treasure chests... Doesn't seem to matter what level I am or even where I am...

Just think before you jump in, perhaps ask if one needs help and stand by to help but do not steal others quarry all the damned time just so you can get the loot drop or the xp ...
Time and time again over the last couple of weeks this has been happening... This acts as a warning too that I might be tempted to meta game myself and fetch in a high level character and PK you or follow you around and steal all your kills for an hour til you learn to respect other players trying to enjoy the game..
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Sway
Count
Count

Re: A complaint to new players...

Post by Sway »

You're allowed to PvP players who do this. So if you feel tempted to do it, you wouldn't be at any fault.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:40 pm Am getting a little tired of newer players to BSK just jumping in and killing something I have already targeted and stealing both my kill and especially those glowing mobs that drop treasure chests... Doesn't seem to matter what level I am or even where I am...

Just think before you jump in, perhaps ask if one needs help and stand by to help but do not steal others quarry all the damned time just so you can get the loot drop or the xp ...
Time and time again over the last couple of weeks this has been happening... This acts as a warning too that I might be tempted to meta game myself and fetch in a high level character and PK you or follow you around and steal all your kills for an hour til you learn to respect other players trying to enjoy the game..
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Post by Omegon »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:40 pm Time and time again over the last couple of weeks this has been happening... This acts as a warning too that I might be tempted to meta game myself and fetch in a high level character and PK you or follow you around and steal all your kills for an hour til you learn to respect other players trying to enjoy the game..
I definately get that its frustrating for sure. Did you send them a message? What response did you get?

Sway wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:52 pm You're allowed to PvP players who do this. So if you feel tempted to do it, you wouldn't be at any fault
Please note drillers 1st, 6th and 8th rule. You would be at fault.
driller wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:55 pm 1.No griefing.
6.Do not harass other players. Be civil to one another.
8.Do not engage in unagreed player killing.
-driller
If I catch anyone doing revenge PvP killing I'll make sure you have a time out/talking to. The PvP waiver area however as an exception is Blackrose stronghold.

As for the new players please take note of this post and please consider others when your out on the hunt. Talk to the other person/party and agree to hunt together and join parties or go your separate way.

If this isn't feasible take screenshots, Send it to the DM team and we can have a talk with the player.

Omegon.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Young adventurers who are just starting their journey on the server have not yet been imbued with the atmosphere and are still growing at any cost. Be condescending. You are old and experienced.

PS: when someone try to stole experience of his teammates, Pavlo warn and promise to kill.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Pavlo had only one incident of this nature and it happened in BlackRose. It is very nice place to manage so kinds of misunderstanding because is out of PvP rules.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Taking screenshots does not record their actions so in this case they are pointless... I have told quite a few recently to stop taking my kills and there is absolutely nothing said in return not as much as sorry or we did not see you type of response...

I would not actually revenge kill my plan is to bring on my high level bard and follow them around for a while stealing their kills and may a little dislike on them and use bard curse song on them to spoil their day well at least for around 40 minutes... I will only kill them if they are stupid enough to attack me directly but am still loathed to go that far...

Even though in my opinion stealing a kill off another player is an action on their behalf at the very least is anti-social and to my mind it makes them in the wrong in the first place so that would equate as they have initiated PvP without any RP afore hand...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Post by Omegon »

"If you are just farming an area and people run past you to kill monsters, this is no big deal to me.
But, someone waiting until you get a monster to near death then walking up and killing it is consent to pvp.
Someone insulting you or your character is consenting to pvp.
Someone engaging in a hostile act toward your character(attacking or pick pocketing) is consenting to pvp.

Just make sure you have screens to back it up. If it comes to that.

-driller"

This is relevant furthering on from the rules of 2009.

I think this has taken its course. Hopefully this sets out the guidelines that will help resolve this.