NWNEE on Mobile

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

NWNEE on Mobile

Post by itchyfunk »

I posted about this a few months ago. I'm still unable to connect to blackstonekeep with NWNEE on Android. Has anyone else cracked this nut?

I believe it's something to do with the server upgrade a few months ago. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app; but that hasn't seemed to change anything. Is there something else I need to do?
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NWNEE on Mobile

Post by driller »

I think the issue is that beamdog hasn't updated the version on the mobile yet. The network protocol was changed.
itchyfunk wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:19 pm I posted about this a few months ago. I'm still unable to connect to blackstonekeep with NWNEE on Android. Has anyone else cracked this nut?

I believe it's something to do with the server upgrade a few months ago. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app; but that hasn't seemed to change anything. Is there something else I need to do?
Synn Blackdagger
Knight
Knight

Post by Synn Blackdagger »

Can anyone confirm that you have to buy the mobile app separately?
Is there no way of using your current desktop purchase on mobile?

Also, if it is separate, does it mean that you have a new key which represents a separate account altogether? You can't use your current account?
itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

Post by itchyfunk »

Thanks, Driller. Man I hope they get on that. It's been months since they did the desktop update.

@Synn: You do have to buy the mobile app separately; however you can use your desktop CDkey on the mobile app (or at least you used to be able to); I have not been able to make it work the other way around though (i.e. using the mobile CDkey on desktop). When I try that I can connect to the server but I get "username is already in use" error... which for me would defeat the purpose of logging in as I am trying to access my mule account.
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is a quote from Julius on the Android update, looks like it will be a while.
Julius Borisov

We're a small team. Our mobile group is focused on releasing the iOS version. But the Android version will be updated eventually
itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

Post by itchyfunk »

Thanks for following up with their Dev team, Driller! At least I know it's on their radar and my bug report didn't go to some bit-bucket.
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)