Bladecaster

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Bladecaster

Post by XDragonDoomX »

Just a query on this - how often does the blade update ?

I'm still on the original one, with a 'level one, on hit' power. (currently at level 18 - (ftr 6 / wm 6 / mage 6) … (build will be 7 / 7 / 26 .. if all goes to plan).
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bladecaster

Post by driller »

You should have already gotten an upgrade. I will look into it.
XDragonDoomX wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:52 pm Just a query on this - how often does the blade update ?

I'm still on the original one, with a 'level one, on hit' power. (currently at level 18 - (ftr 6 / wm 6 / mage 6) … (build will be 7 / 7 / 26 .. if all goes to plan).
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

Thanks - I keep unequipping the blade when I level, just in case that's it - but nothing new has appeared or been replaced.
Now closing on lvl 20 (using mage spells to buff the blade for now & hoping my luck is in ! :) )
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

if i remember right, the blade special effect stay lev1 all the time, what will change is the damage output you will get as you level up with it. but as soon as you have the blade and the levels to use it, it should start working, 1/1d6 chances each hit to activate.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

Okay.. I was remembering a spellcaster/bladeweaver subrace in BSK prior to EE, where every so often, the blade was replaced/respawned with an updated version and was expecting the same with this

Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

indeed, the blade caster's blade from before was leveling up with you and was getting replace. The present class, spellweaver, the blade stay at lev1 but the damage effect level up as you do.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank