Dragon shape not granting spot bonus from true seeing

Report any bugs you find here.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Dragon shape not granting spot bonus from true seeing

Post by Deafmute6 »

I just tested this myself but the dragon-shape feat doesn't appear to be granting the spot bonus upon shifting.

In fact true seeing or see invis is not under his buffs at all.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: Dragon shape not granting spot bonus from true seeing

Post by Yunim »

I think that this is intentional. None of the other wildshape forms that usually have vanilla True Seeing have been given BSK True Seeing, they've just had True Seeing removed.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Deafmute6 »

Oh really? Wow that kind of sucks. I was hoping for the spot bonus at least....

Their ac also appears to be bugged. I am not getting the +11 ac that comes from merging with towershield and full plate. The strength bonus of my gloves is also not working.
Yune
Knight
Knight

Post by Yune »

Yeah, gloves don't merge, on-hit powers like flame weapon don't merge at all, and weapon properties only merge into one of its three attacks.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Deafmute6 »

I could take the loss of gloves but losing the ac points and spot bonus is devastating. Standard neverwinter nights grants the ac bonus so I had just figured it did the same here.

The spot bonus should be provided at least and wouldn't be too unfair.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Deafmute6 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 pm Oh really? Wow that kind of sucks. I was hoping for the spot bonus at least....

Their ac also appears to be bugged. I am not getting the +11 ac that comes from merging with towershield and full plate. The strength bonus of my gloves is also not working.
Deafmute6 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:48 am I could take the loss of gloves but losing the ac points and spot bonus is devastating. Standard neverwinter nights grants the ac bonus so I had just figured it did the same here.

The spot bonus should be provided at least and wouldn't be too unfair.
The AC of armor and shields never merge into shifter forms, only the item properties matters. There is no diffference between wearing +6 AC robes and +6 AC full plate when shifted.

All dragons have access to True Seeing, although some will have to use a Gem Of Seeing since druids can't use True Seeing scrolls and also can't equip battleaxes or heavy crossbows.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Deafmute6 »

In another post Driller mentioned how he made all items work on shifters.

About the ac, you're misunderstanding. On a regular server you can give a shifter a regular full plate and towershield and he will gain + 11 ac in dragon form ( 8 from fullplate and 3 from towershield) regardless of enhancement on item. This appears to be nerfed on this server to grant no difference between cloth and full plate.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Deafmute6 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:28 am About the ac, you're misunderstanding. On a regular server you can give a shifter a regular full plate and towershield and he will gain + 11 ac in dragon form ( 8 from fullplate and 3 from towershield) regardless of enhancement on item. This appears to be nerfed on this server to grant no difference between cloth and full plate.
You must be used to playing on custom servers. In both vanilla NWN and BSK only the item properties merge when shifted.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Deafmute6 »

It does not merge in the way you're thinking.

In the normal neverwinter game a shifter with full plate and tower shield will always have +11 ac over a shifter who does not. Make it yourself and you will see. He does not and never has gained any benefit from enhancement on said armor, just the armor bonus itself.

Regardless if the full plate is +20 enhancement or +1, it should still give the shifter 8 ac points upon shifting. It even talks about in the neverwinter wiki.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

That is the exact opposite of how item merging works for shifting. It even says so on the wiki:
Because only the properties of the items are taken, and the item is "removed" and unavailable in the shifted form, any penalties from armor, such as penalties on skills, do not apply when shifted.
A +6 AC full plate will give +6 deflection AC in dragon shape, +6 AC robes will also give +6 deflection AC in dragon shape. The +8 AC from full plate doesn't apply when shifted. I already tested this offline earlier so I'm certain that this is the same in EE as it was in 1.69.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The BSK modified True Seeing will now be applied to the Dragon Shape. This will be in affect after the reset at 6:00pm EST.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Can you add BSK True Seeing to the wyrmlings and rakshasa too please. I think those are the only forms that normally have True Seeing but I might be missing some.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They have been added.
Yunim wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:09 pm Can you add BSK True Seeing to the wyrmlings and rakshasa too please. I think those are the only forms that normally have True Seeing but I might be missing some.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Deafmute6 »

Thank you so much Driller!!!!!!!!!! That makes it playable once again for me.

As for the ac it appears this was bug fixed a long time ago which explains my confusion.