Incorrect Diety and Subclass

Report any bugs you find here.
asylumhavoc
Commoner
Commoner

Incorrect Diety and Subclass

Post by asylumhavoc »

Last night I remade my character, but when I logged into the client it gave me a "holy coin" and said my diety was "Eon" (I think it said) instead of Vor and I didn't have the option of selecting the celestial subclass I already had... Any ideas on how to fix?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Diety and Subclass

Post by driller »

It was never meant for that, it was meant to just be an XP reset.
asylumhavoc wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:50 am Last night I remade my character, but when I logged into the client it gave me a "holy coin" and said my diety was "Eon" (I think it said) instead of Vor and I didn't have the option of selecting the celestial subclass I already had... Any ideas on how to fix?
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

In fact, in most cases rebuild of character cause issue with deity. I faced this problem few times.
As example, my character was able enter lost city, because had this quest, but he was not able to finish it.

I was forced to change deity to close quest and receive reward
asylumhavoc
Commoner
Commoner

Post by asylumhavoc »

Ah that's fair... Is there a way to be able to repick those options then or nah? Luckily it was early enough it won't mess with RP too bad xD
driller wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 am It was never meant for that, it was meant to just be an XP reset.
asylumhavoc wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:50 am Last night I remade my character, but when I logged into the client it gave me a "holy coin" and said my diety was "Eon" (I think it said) instead of Vor and I didn't have the option of selecting the celestial subclass I already had... Any ideas on how to fix?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It should keep the same deity, if not, it is a bug.
sergeil wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:49 am In fact, in most cases rebuild of character cause issue with deity. I faced this problem few times.
As example, my character was able enter lost city, because had this quest, but he was not able to finish it.

asylumhavoc
Commoner
Commoner

Post by asylumhavoc »

It did not. Would you suggest to contact a DM in-game? I tried when I ran into the issue but it was riciulously early CST so... Probably why no response in /dm, lol
driller wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:07 am It should keep the same deity, if not, it is a bug.
sergeil wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:49 am In fact, in most cases rebuild of character cause issue with deity. I faced this problem few times.

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The best place to reach me is here on the forum. I will fix the deity issue.
asylumhavoc
Commoner
Commoner

Post by asylumhavoc »

Ah, lol, makes sense then. Well... is there a way you'd be willing to change my diety from... whatever it is, to Vor? And... if it's not a big deal, would I be able to get the Celestial subrace back? I'm not 100% what happened... I remade the character the exact same way save for changing up what levels I took fighter and paladin.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

asylumhavoc wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:23 pm Ah, lol, makes sense then. Well... is there a way you'd be willing to change my diety from... whatever it is, to Vor? And... if it's not a big deal, would I be able to get the Celestial subrace back? I'm not 100% what happened... I remade the character the exact same way save for changing up what levels I took fighter and paladin.
You can visit the main temples and switch diety for 5.000 xp, so you don't need to wait for a DM. One temple is in Marvale, one in Oasis and one in Bordermarch. Those are the ones I know of.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Yelemis
Knight
Knight

Post by Yelemis »

2 are in marvale
driller
Site Admin