More changes.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

More changes.

Post by driller »

1.All Portals moved back to Blackstone. It will now be the central hub as before.

2.Socket gems changed back to the old system with specific gems/properties/multiple slots on items.

3.Current ones socket gems will be converted to Enchantment Stones and will work on any item.

4.Waypoint system changed to remove the pillars that would get in the way sometimes.

5.The way to The Waste will be through a newly added area you access during the Snort quest.

6.Removed the Forbidden Hollow area and moved Cranford's Dragon quest to the Bridge of Doom and reduced the CR of the Dragon quest from 22 to 12.

7.Adjusted Foxmore and the Warden's quest rewards to be a bit more linear. This results in slighly less overall XP awarded.

8.Increased rewards for Grimstein and Azamon in the Dwarven Citadel.

9.Possible some stuff I am forgetting right now...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: More changes.

Post by Cornflower »

2. Nawww.... I thought the new sockets were cool. Oh, well. The old ones were cool too. Now, where did I put my old documentation on sockets.
I wonder, was there something wrong with the new ones?

The changes seem very reasonable. Thank you for the immense amount of work you do, so I can play here for free.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I like randomness, but they where a bit to random.
Cornflower wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 am 2. Nawww.... I thought the new sockets were cool. Oh, well. The old ones were cool too. Now, where did I put my old documentation on sockets.
I wonder, was there something wrong with the new ones?

The changes seem very reasonable. Thank you for the immense amount of work you do, so I can play here for free.
Furious_ddd
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Furious_ddd »

Item 2.

I liked the stone change. Was random but cool. Maybe revisit it with a way to add choice or narrow it based on char skill (says me who will never build a crafter).

Also how will the new gema convert back. What does an epic chnage to?
Hafur Merhein - dwarven cleric
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The current gems now work on any item.
Yelemis
Knight
Knight

Post by Yelemis »

Would it be possible to implement both types? The current system allows for higher damage but is more volatile while the older one being less volatile but you get the results you are looking for.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

driller wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 am 1.All Portals moved back to Blackstone. It will now be the central hub as before.
Is there still a way to enter areas that can only be reached through a Town Portal? Currently there is an area that can't be entered easily as far as I'm aware.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This will be fixed after the next reset, the choice will be available when you use a waygate.
Yunim wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:56 pm
driller wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 am 1.All Portals moved back to Blackstone. It will now be the central hub as before.
Is there still a way to enter areas that can only be reached through a Town Portal? Currently there is an area that can't be entered easily as far as I'm aware.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You do have both types.

The Named gems Polished/Flawless/etc work on any item now and are call Enchantment Stones.
The Socket Gems work only on socketed items.

Yelemis wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:27 pm Would it be possible to implement both types? The current system allows for higher damage but is more volatile while the older one being less volatile but you get the results you are looking for.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Not sure if this is an intentional change or a bug, but the magic stone doesn't convert enchantment stones.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This, along with other issue with Enchantment Gems will be resolved after the reset.
Yunim wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:02 pm Not sure if this is an intentional change or a bug, but the magic stone doesn't convert enchantment stones.
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

I like Snort's area. The changes are cool. Feels more epic.

I still haven't figured out what to do with the Enchantment Gems do. I have tried activating them on a wide variety of things and all I get is that in the window where it says the power is activated it says: "Enchantment" on a line by itself. The gem doesn't go away and nothing changes with the item.

Thanks for all your work!

Vestrit
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They really really will work after the next reset.
Yelemis
Knight
Knight

Post by Yelemis »

So will enchanment stones also be dropping in loot chests? I haven't found one yet, jw
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Not at the moment. In the future, yes.
Yelemis wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:11 am So will enchanment stones also be dropping in loot chests? I haven't found one yet, jw