Upcoming features and some unpopular news.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Upcoming features and some unpopular news.

Post by driller »

New feature coming.

I am adding privateering to Blackstone. You will be able to take on the role of privateer through the Rodran quest line.

Be aware that this will shift your alignment towards evil. Attacking merchant ships and slitting throats is not considered a good act. You will be able to raid merchants ships for treasure and xp.

You can engage in ship to ship battles and boarding actions with NPCs(PVE).
PVP is limited to ship to ship with other players(PVP), this allows players to compete no matter what their level is.

I will let you know more details on how this will work mechanically whem I am ready to release it.

Now on to unpopular news.

I will be changing the xp banking system.

XP banking was meant to be a QOL feature to help players who had messed up their characters and needed a way to fix them, not turn Blackstone into a glorified Halls of Training.

I feel this cheapens the module and all the work I have done and I will be removing it.
After the change, when you delete a character, that character's xp/gold/quests/(maybe items, if possible) will be saved.

If you logon with a character with the same name, all of the saved data will be transferred to the new character.

If you have any banked XP, you might want to use it, because it is going away in a week or two.

Thanks.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Upcoming features and some unpopular news.

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am ...

XP banking was meant to be a QOL feature to help players who had messed up their characters and needed a way to fix them, not turn Blackstone into a glorified Halls of Training.

I feel this cheapens the module and all the work I have done and I will be removing it.
After the change, when you delete a character, that character's xp/gold/quests/(maybe items, if possible) will be saved.

If you logon with a character with the same name, all of the saved data will be transferred to the new character.

If you have any banked XP, you might want to use it, because it is going away in a week or two.

Thanks.
I agree. The XP bank kinda took away the struggle and if you don't struggle, you don't feel rewarded when you reach your goal. It made the characters less valuable. You might as well build your character in a training module and import it here.

Just for clarification: If I have a lvl 40 character and delete it, then create a new with the same name, I will get back all the saved data, including the 780.000 or so XP I've earned on that character?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The character will be given back all of his XP and the quests/waypoints etc will stay the same.

I will try to do the same for items, but that will be kind of tricky. If I can't get it to work reliably, you might need a mule to transfer items.
Cornflower wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:06 am
driller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am ...

Thanks.
I agree. The XP bank kinda took away the struggle and if you don't struggle, you don't feel rewarded when you reach your goal. It made the characters less valuable. You might as well build your character in a training module and import it here.

Just for clarification: If I have a lvl 40 character and delete it, then create a new with the same name, I will get back all the saved data, including the 780.000 or so XP I've earned on that character?
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

I was surprised when I retrained a character that way, same name I used, and all my items I left in my storage chest were still there. So not to bad the way it is at the moment to bring your favorite 20 pieces of equiptment with you upon reincarnation!
julehat
Commoner
Commoner

Post by julehat »

driller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am Now on to unpopular news.

Thanks.
I am sorry to see this feature go away. Specially the way BSK is designed - cause it seems that life really first starts at lvl 40, where you gather a lot of forge stones and build up your gears to be able to join the groups for the bosses.
I have played on another server that had a xp banking system and it worked quite nicely there. I think the problem here is that you get 100% xp back. I would suggest leaving the xp banking system ingame but lowering the amount of xp retained from deleting.
itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

Post by itchyfunk »

Having the ability to transfer some level of XP is nice since it allows your forger to craft scrolls/wands etc without grinding.
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

driller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks.
That sounds much better than the current way. The current way is too easy.

Thanks for all your work!

Vestrit