You have to learn this spell

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: You have to learn this spell

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Has the mummy been removed from the robes now?
driller wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:26 pm The mummy has been adjusted. He had a few more bugs that I fixed. I also added his fear aura.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes he has. The abuse was getting of control. It was either this or remove the robe entirely.
Sorcy Sid wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 am Has the mummy been removed from the robes now?
driller wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:26 pm The mummy has been adjusted. He had a few more bugs that I fixed. I also added his fear aura.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:58 am Yes he has. The abuse was getting of control. It was either this or remove the robe entirely.
Sorcy Sid wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 am Has the mummy been removed from the robes now?
Sad but true.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Fletch
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Fletch »

Bummer...

Idea 1: Lets dink with the Item property removal rod - That Sucked
Idea 2: lets even out the mummy so it has to lvl with you - That Sucked
Idea 3: Lets take the mummy off the robe so its a complete pain to lvl toons - That Really sucks

Maybe for Idea 4 we can go ahead and just not let casters have spells - dont want them to abuse that. OR, No weapons for weapon masters - that should even out the Umgha mages since they are easy.

But hey.. your server - your rules big cheese.

Thanks,
Shhhh..... It will be over soon....
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Obviously, you are being disingenuous. But, let's play along.

1.Let's nullify class restrictions so there is no point in playing them. Awesome!
2.Let's have a OP mummy so I can kill everything with having to do anything but sit there and watch. Exciting!
3.Let's take that mummy and put it on a robe so my low level character's can use it. Fantastic!

Are you sure you are even wanting to actually play Neverwinter or have something do it for you?

Fletch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:27 pm Bummer...

Idea 1: Lets dink with the Item property removal rod - That Sucked
Idea 2: lets even out the mummy so it has to lvl with you - That Sucked
Idea 3: Lets take the mummy off the robe so its a complete pain to lvl toons - That Really sucks

Maybe for Idea 4 we can go ahead and just not let casters have spells - dont want them to abuse that. OR, No weapons for weapon masters - that should even out the Umgha mages since they are easy.

But hey.. your server - your rules big cheese.

Thanks,
Fletch
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Fletch »

Right on! I can play too!

1. Let's nullify class restrictions so there is no point in playing them. Awesome!
- I thought it was neat I could try messing around and try new things other classes could use. Especially classes I don’t like playing.

2. Let's have a OP mummy so I can kill everything with having to do anything but sit there and watch. Exciting!
- Yeah! It was nice having that! If someone does not like using the mummy because it’s not exciting... Don’t use it.... But hey - who am I to enjoy the way I like to play games - I am glad you could step in there and tell me how to enjoy the game and what makes it exciting for me.

3. Let's take that mummy and put it on a robe so my low level character's can use it. Fantastic!
- Exactly! It’s nice to sometimes run a newbie up quickly for a few reasons. I have some toons I really like, but I don’t have enough foprgestones to forge them up the way I want. Sure, sure, I could haggle and trade and blah blah blah.. but I would rather go out, do some quests. get some drops and get them that way. So, I run a new toon up for that reason. It also gives me an opportunity to try new builds quickly on your server.

And for the final comment - "Are you sure you are even wanting to actually play Neverwinter or have something do it for you? " Depends on the day! Some days I may not want to add in the mummy and fight my way through things with a group, tooth and nail. Or, somedays I would like to have that option of maybe just kick back, relax and do the same 50 quests with a little mummy backup! Also, I still found it challenging even with a mummy.

But like I said, you are the big cheese and what you say goes. Even though sometimes it blows.

Thanks!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

*Snarky mode off*

I get what you are saying, and I even agree with some of it.

But, I believe striving for more balanced game-play is more rewarding for the majority of players in the end. Of course, this isn't going to please everyone. But, that just comes with the territory.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Mummy seems to be a big topic. At least mummy is buffed over the stock version....that's a big plus. Sometimes its a pain leveling and I admit i do miss mummy on robes but i am leveling a toon right now and am doing just fine.

RIPR nerf I was upset about until i found out the forging system can be much more specific in fine tuning and I like that. If you want class restricted items get umd, that's what i do. I actually like having umd so I can use anything without wasting time trying to randomly roll something off.

Just my 2 cents here.
Fletch
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Fletch »

*Disabling Grumpy Attitude*

Look man, I appreciate you putting a server out there for free. Especially one that all us jack wagons can get on there and play with. It means a lot, to me and a many more people. I appreciate you letting us take a journey through your imagination. I am sure I can’t imagine the time and effort you put into this server and content. You remind me of a Network engineer. When the internet is up, you hear nothing about it, no praise, no high five, no “Good Job”. One blip or change, people get grumpy and you can’t stop the flood of grumpy. I have just noticed a lot of nerfs and tweaks and it seems there are a lot less people playing than there were a few months ago. I may be completely off base, again it just seems that way to me. Maybe I am on at off times or reading too much into it. I do like a lot of the new changes. I like the portal book with multiple locations! Friggin awesome! I like you working on the Lvler guy!! Hells yes! I like the beggar even though he chases me around the tree sometimes... I like how quick you are to respond when something is breaking, like a queen beetle is not spawning, or the Ooze cube is broken. It just seems to me there is a lot of nurfs lately and less people. Again, it could just be me reading too much into it. I know you can’t please everyone and just sometimes I guess I am sitting on the minority vs. the masses.

Either way man - Keep on keepin on - do what you enjoy and F the rest. ;)

Thanks!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Games ebb and flow.

Some people leave because they fixate on a 1% thing and throw away the other 99%, others do because new games come out and they go play them instead(Anthem/The Division 2 etc). Some find a similar type server in their own timezone/region and go there, while those who have done everything and are bored and move on.

These are normal things. I have seen it all before.

To go back to the original topic about the mummy. If there is a need for a better companion system, then perhaps that should be discussed instead.
Add some sort of summoning/hireling shop?

Fletch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm *Disabling Grumpy Attitude*

Look man, I appreciate you putting a server out there for free. Especially one that all us jack wagons can get on there and play with. It means a lot, to me and a many more people. I appreciate you letting us take a journey through your imagination. I am sure I can’t imagine the time and effort you put into this server and content. You remind me of a Network engineer. When the internet is up, you hear nothing about it, no praise, no high five, no “Good Job”. One blip or change, people get grumpy and you can’t stop the flood of grumpy. I have just noticed a lot of nerfs and tweaks and it seems there are a lot less people playing than there were a few months ago. I may be completely off base, again it just seems that way to me. Maybe I am on at off times or reading too much into it. I do like a lot of the new changes. I like the portal book with multiple locations! Friggin awesome! I like you working on the Lvler guy!! Hells yes! I like the beggar even though he chases me around the tree sometimes... I like how quick you are to respond when something is breaking, like a queen beetle is not spawning, or the Ooze cube is broken. It just seems to me there is a lot of nurfs lately and less people. Again, it could just be me reading too much into it. I know you can’t please everyone and just sometimes I guess I am sitting on the minority vs. the masses.

Either way man - Keep on keepin on - do what you enjoy and F the rest. ;)

Thanks!
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

driller wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:57 am To go back to the original topic about the mummy. If there is a need for a better companion system, then perhaps that should be discussed instead.
Add some sort of summoning/hireling shop?
I like this idea.

I have used the mummy as a personal tank/dpser as I'm sure most do. It comes in very handy with squishy spell casters. It also comes in very handy in some of the basic quests. Sure I could just lvl up a wm/f/r constantly to farm for forge stones without the need of a tank, but I like to try other builds too.

I also understand driller has spent countless time building a module he would like to see people work together to lvl up, but reality is not everyone has time to be on at the same time to lvl up experimental builds.

I also feel most people want to get to lvl 40 and forge up their character and begin to rp at that point. It is hard to forge up a character with the forge stones acquired from lvling from 1-40, so one must find alternate ways to get forge stones. Right now the best way is to do the quests over and over, and with the tank/dpser(mummy) it gave us the opportunity to try out new builds as well get more forge stones.

Maybe we could hire a Blackstone Keep Squire that is a tank/dpser that lvls up with us to become a Knight, or an acolyte cleric, or a mage apprentice(not sure what the game mechanics would allow).

Just my thoughts.
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Maybe each major area should have a hireling shop that will give you something appropriate to that areas lvl/challenge ratings. They shouldn't be cheap because ppl that are leveling toons for forges or just to lvl new toons should have a good stock of gold or whatever currency needed. Maybe they can be similar to the instrument of the winds and give you 2 or 3 summons.

I go back to my statement on another thread, we need to be able to use xp as a currency to entice ppl to play one toon more. (This is more for another conversation though)

Overall I do like the idea of better companions/choices.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There is an item that allows you to store XP earned on a level 40 PC and transfer it to another one. I added this recently.
It is dropped by a certain high level boss.
sphinx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 am Maybe each major area should have a hireling shop that will give you something appropriate to that areas lvl/challenge ratings. They shouldn't be cheap because ppl that are leveling toons for forges or just to lvl new toons should have a good stock of gold or whatever currency needed. Maybe they can be similar to the instrument of the winds and give you 2 or 3 summons.

I go back to my statement on another thread, we need to be able to use xp as a currency to entice ppl to play one toon more. (This is more for another conversation though)

Overall I do like the idea of better companions/choices.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I like the henchman you can get from Rordran. Any chance you can build on that, maybe add a non-evil alternative and make the henchman viable up to high levels.

I'm a bit unsure about having a shop where you can hire yourself a wolf. That kinda removes the last reason for a ranger toon.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am There is an item that allows you to store XP earned on a level 40 PC and transfer it to another one. I added this recently.
It is dropped by a certain high level boss.
Really? I feel vaguely cheated. And excited. Hmm... Maybe I'll have to drop my "no more than 9 toons simultaneously"-policy.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)