You have to learn this spell

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
neludz
Commoner
Commoner

You have to learn this spell

Post by neludz »

While attempting to cast Mummy dust my sorc gets message "You have to learn this spell first in order to cast it". I have taken epic spell feat of course, how else should i "learn" it?
UPD The same for my wizard
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: You have to learn this spell

Post by driller »

Are you casting the spell normally or using a sequencer robe?
neludz wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:48 am While attempting to cast Mummy dust my sorc gets message "You have to learn this spell first in order to cast it". I have taken epic spell feat of course, how else should i "learn" it?
UPD The same for my wizard
neludz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by neludz »

Normally. Even don't have this robe.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will look into it.
neludz wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 am Normally. Even don't have this robe.
UCFGoose
Commoner
Commoner

Post by UCFGoose »

Got the same on my wizard just now and it worked fine up until I went to bed last night.
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

confirm as well, i can not cast Epic mummy (even tho i have the epic feat).
Mancer
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Mancer »

Just another confirmation this is happening.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

I'm guessing a change was implemented to fix the rather silly ability for non-spellcasters to summon the Epic Mummy via the Sequencer Robe, and that it might just need tweaking.

Until then, surely everyone can survive without the mummy for one/two resets? 8)
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

Well, the mummy is back again... but it got a weak version of it, His Str stat is lower as it used to be plus the damage deal on the weapon (missing extra dices). Could you check it again?

thank in advance
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

The strength value of the mummy is still the same as before. However, the mummy previously was receiving ridiculous damage numbers at later levels, probably because the dices were meant to replace each other rather than stack. I had a level 30 something mummy that was dealing 8d6 + 6d12 extra damage of 6-7 different types [so 8-48 + 6-72 = 14-120 damage], before base enhancement/strength damage, which is well above what a typical player or even the high-level Dragon Knight summon was able to put out.

It looks like the dice stacking has now been removed, which means it isnt as overpowered anymore. Perhaps the damage now is too low by comparison to what it should be, but I'm currently not noticing it underperforming whilst running around Umgah with a level 30 druid. It still deals respectable damage thanks to all the crits it gets.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

From my point of view, we are talking about a epic feat spell that summon 1 mommy that lost his fear aura, does a lot less damage and looks like another summon ix thing out there. Imo should be doing the same damage was doing before all this tweaks, 120 damage on crit was not overpower /out of the place when you see other melees geting 350 + damage with a swing.

From my point of view, you are taking a caster unic spell that have been used by others class that they shouldn't, and insted of fixing that issue you are nerfing the mommy to a pair level as other normal summon, while doing that hurting the main class that use the feat.

gg
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Kalaron wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 pm From my point of view, we are talking about a epic feat spell that summon 1 mommy that lost his fear aura, does a lot less damage and looks like another summon ix thing out there. Imo should be doing the same damage was doing before all this tweaks, 120 damage on crit was not overpower /out of the place when you see other melees geting 350 + damage with a swing.

From my point of view, you are taking a caster unic spell that have been used by others class that they shouldn't, and insted of fixing that issue you are nerfing the mommy to a pair level as other normal summon, while doing that hurting the main class that use the feat.

gg
The mummy I observed was sometimes doing 250 Damage a crit, with a 12-20 range, which was way over the top. It’s still dealing more damage than a Summon IX Spell [60-70 on crits], and it’s unfair to compare it to level 40 scythe WM’s dealing 350 a crit when it’s a bog standard Fighter available from level 21. In addition, Mages, Clerics and Druids typically have disabling spells to couple with summons such as grapple, stonehold, Storm, etc. , which can often allow summons to deal damage without taking any.

It may well be that the damage nerf was too severe though, and the mummy basically just had its' damage reduced to about 1/3rd of what people were used to with the old Mummy. I personally think that it was fine in its’ old state when it did about 100 a crit and had more AB, but I guess there were other problems with that version.

Perhaps the mummy damage or strength could be buffed a little bit driller? It used to be 40-50 damage a hit rather than 30 before the scaling changes came in. Maybe the mummy could return to that?
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
neludz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by neludz »

Yeah, mummy's too weak now.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The mummy has been adjusted. He had a few more bugs that I fixed. I also added his fear aura.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Yea he seems right for my lvl 38 in umgah. Normal hits around the 40s, crits around 100. Much more balanced I think.