Holy Sword Spell now makes Weapons Unequippable

Report any bugs you find here.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Holy Sword Spell now makes Weapons Unequippable

Post by The Flying Rodent »

One of my characters, Thanatos [a character without any Paladin levels], has a wand with the Holy Sword spell on it. A few resets ago, I tested using this spell on a weapon to see if it added Holy Avenger properties via UMD skill. Despite what the Wiki suggests, it turns out that it casting Holy Sword on a non-paladin's weapon with UMD, did not add the HA properties [only +2 enhance, not +5 and divine vs evil], and so I thought nothing of it and put the weapon away.

Since then, both the temporary Holy Avenger spell has lingered on the weapon over the course of several resets, and NOW, the old 'Paladin Only' special script that previously applied to the forged On Hit Unique HA, also applies to normal HA's.

Which means that:

- If Holy Sword is cast on a non Paladin's weapon, characters cannot equip it until the spell runs out. This could be potentially be used OFFENSIVELY in a PvP scenario to cheese people out of being able to use their own weapon which is ridiculous [i.e. after using a wand on an opponents weapon, they cannot equip the weapon until the spell wears off, and they cannot remove the HA effect with Mords/Dispel either, as Mords/Dispel cannot target weapons],

- If you combine this with the weapon buff bug whereby some spells stick around between resets long after they are supposed to have worn off ... some people may be prevented from ever equipping that weapon ever again.

The latter is the case with Thanatos. He now has a weapon [which has quite a few forge stones attached] which will most likely have a close-to-permanent 'Holy Avenger (Temporary)' buff, which itself is doing nothing, that he now cannot equip. And may never be able to heading into the future.

So: Given that it seems that ordinary HA's don't add anything special to non-paladins, even with a lot of UMD [Thanatos can get up to 55, and he received no benefit] ... perhaps the special 'Paladin Only' script for the ordinary Holy Avengers could be removed, as they don't get anything out of it anyway.

The special script for the Special On Hit Unique Holy Avenger should still stay IMO, as this effect is not class dependent.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Holy Sword Spell now makes Weapons Unequippable

Post by driller »

I have change the script to only allow it to be cast on non hostile targets.

I have also added a wand to Akons that will remove temporary effects from weapons, but only if the user of the wand possesses the weapon.

This should address your concerns.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:09 am I have change the script to only allow it to be cast on non hostile targets.

I have also added a wand to Akons that will remove temporary effects from weapons, but only if the user of the wand possesses the weapon.

This should address your concerns.
Hey, now that's a neat and tidy solution! Good job!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

You can also have the same spell cast on the weapon or armor if it is magic vestment and simply rest, the effect will dispel itself from the gears.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank