Arcane spellcasters

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arcane spellcasters

Post by driller »

I want to try and address arcane spell casters and long drawn out fights.
As most of you know, while spell casters can be pretty powerful, they run out of steam in a prolonged fight, especially where it isn't possible to rest.

I was thinking of adding an item that would let them recover their spells. Something like an arcane banner that could be put down.
Any arcane caster near this banner would have their spells recharged.

Of course, there would have to be limitations. Some sort of charge up delay and cool down applied.

What do you guys think?
Kohli
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Arcane spellcasters

Post by Kohli »

Not really an informed opinion:

As I do not play casters but only melees, I don`t really know how much casters do actually suffer.

But I somehow find it strange to say, they need free recharges if they run out of spells in a long fight.
To me it sounds like: Melees need to have their hps recharged in a prolonged fight.

From all I see on the server casters are powerful enough, if they run out of spells, they did not buy enough scrolls, just as a fighter might not have enough healing pots.

Maybe something everyone benefits from? Like an item of insta-rest?
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

Well, it is a greta idea . I was thinkign about something similar, but also it must have some special item requeriment or limited uses per day to not be abused. Get from a high lvl quest and/or have a special consumable item to be used and/or it may only be active on special Boss rooms. And still, even in the boss fight, should have a minor casting bar that get you exposed while using it. Insta restoration of all spell sound OP without mecanish like this IMO.

That all that get on my mind atm.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Melee never runs out of damage. A spellcaster does. It isn't equivalent to HP.
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

And yes, but since this is a team game, should then the healer restore the casters spell (with a new spell called recharge or whatever) as well it recover tank HP, then to keep the things on same ground.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I don't think adding another hurdle in this case is warranted.
Kalaron wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 am And yes, but since this is a team game, should then the healer restore the casters spell (with a new spell called recharge or whatever) as well it recover tank HP, then to keep the things on same ground.
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

Agree, you posted a better one before i did mine. The argument was not on the same page.
John-Alhoon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by John-Alhoon »

Driller, it is an interesting idea, but since abusers and trolls are everywhere, I believe the server lag (for performance issues) would definitelly increase. Can you imagine 100 SoV or blade barriers?
John-Alhoon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by John-Alhoon »

Insta rest in some areas would be nice. The 2 min time between rests sometimes is annoying when a critter spawns near your party.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

That is where the limitations and cool downs I mentioned would come into play.
John-Alhoon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:16 am Driller, it is an interesting idea, but since abusers and trolls are everywhere, I believe the server lag (for performance issues) would definitelly increase. Can you imagine 100 SoV or blade barriers?
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

driller wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 am I want to try and address arcane spell casters and long drawn out fights.
As most of you know, while spell casters can be pretty powerful, they run out of steam in a prolonged fight, especially where it isn't possible to rest.

I was thinking of adding an item that would let them recover their spells. Something like an arcane banner that could be put down.
Any arcane caster near this banner would have their spells recharged.

Of course, there would have to be limitations. Some sort of charge up delay and cool down applied.

What do you guys think?
That would be cool. How about making it a dropped item from a spell casting mob? Maybe a special quest designed for casters?
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
John-Alhoon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by John-Alhoon »

Good idea. I love the buffing rod from Snort.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Sorcy Sid wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:28 am That would be cool. How about making it a dropped item from a spell casting mob? Maybe a special quest designed for casters?
My idea would be perfect here 😅
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
run4life
Commoner
Commoner

Post by run4life »

Driller, its a great idea. Casters are no use in end Bosses raids. While You can do some dmg with shields on certain bosses, its not wise beeing hit by them xD

So if You have any idea how it should work, make it happen and we will test it!

Regrads
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Sounds like a great idea! Casters have traditionally struggled for relevance against opponents with higher HP than their spellcasting reserves, which is definitely the case at the high end of PvM here. Probably will require a few idiot tests to make sure that it doesn't make something too overpowered, but I'm sure that'll work itself out once people start using it on each other instead of on monsters. ;)
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos