New super-buffing-rod

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

New super-buffing-rod

Post by Cornflower »

This might be more a question than a bug, but here goes: How do you reset the insta-buff-rod? I put a buff on it that I'd like to remove, but I can't find a way to do that.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: New super-buffing-rod

Post by Cornflower »

Also, is there a way for an old toon to get her hands on one of those, or is it only for new toons?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can trade for it.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have modified the wand. It will automatically change on acquire.

All 2da reads are now cached on module load.
Cast spell unique power self has been changed to cast spell unique power. But, you can only target yourself or the wand.
If you target the wand, then all spells stored on the wand are cleared.
If you target yourself, then it will attempt to cast all the spells you have stored.

You have to remember that it stores the spell id, not the spell itself, your character has to have the spell readied in order for the wand to cast it.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:58 am This might be more a question than a bug, but here goes: How do you reset the insta-buff-rod? I put a buff on it that I'd like to remove, but I can't find a way to do that.
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

I was so happy to get one rod of buffing, but after playing around with it i noticed something:

First i casted all spell via radial menu to the rod, normal version , extended versions andmaximazed version of the diferente buffs i normaly use. Then when i use the rod on me, it cast all spell i stored. The problem that i detected was that all the spell were been casted as normal spell, ignoring the fact that some of them (most of them) are extended version (even maximazed version didnt work either).

Also, the rod can not discriminate when you have a normal version vs a maximized version of the same spell. I tested it with a normal Endurance spell (lvl 2 spell) and a Maximaized Endurace (lvl 5 spell). I casted on the rod via radial menu -> maximazed spell -> lvl 5 endurance spell and after i rested i used the rod and casted the lvl 2 endurance insted of the lvl 5 maximaxed endurance. Last thing i checked was that even if i only have extended version of the spell stored on my spell book (wizard here) it still cast the spell as a normal spell (again, ignoring the fact that is a spell with a higher tier).

¿Could you check it and fix/repair/enchance whatever so it can cast the correct spell stored on it ?

Please!!!
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I'm pretty sure driller posted somewhere else that the Fast Buffing Rod does not do Maximized/Empowered/Extended, only base spells. I could be wrong.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This wand works by storing the spell id. It might be possible to store the meta info through spell hooking, I will have to look at it.
Cornflower wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am I'm pretty sure driller posted somewhere else that the Fast Buffing Rod does not do Maximized/Empowered/Extended, only base spells. I could be wrong.
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

driller wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 am This wand works by storing the spell id. It might be possible to store the meta info through spell hooking, I will have to look at it.
Cornflower wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am I'm pretty sure driller posted somewhere else that the Fast Buffing Rod does not do Maximized/Empowered/Extended, only base spells. I could be wrong.
Thank for taking the time to check it, hope it wil get fixed.

Cya