Assassination,Assassins,PVP, PK, RP, Hiring, Merc, Bounty Hunter Issues

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Assassination,Assassins,PVP, PK, RP, Hiring, Merc, Bounty Hunter Issues

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Hi All. As some of you might know, I have a Elven Ranger/Assassin/Shadowdancer.

Now such character toons, players can cause problems, issues.

I try not to be such a player.

The obvious problem, issue, is such players PK ing and possibly not making the game fun for other plsyers.

Because of that, I don't like PK ing other player toons.

Some might as then why make a evil toon, Assassin?

Valid question.

What I like to do is make my Assassin either Lawful Evil, or Neutral Evil.

I try to play them as a greedy, evil, just business, deputy, mercenary, bounty hunter, adventurer, etc, that will do a quest, assassinate, PK, both NPC, PC, monsters, all alike.

If I dont get paid, I don't help.

In regards to PK of PC's, I prefer not to PK PC's, because of not fun for them

That's why I try to only PK problem, troublemaking PC, player toons.

So if players, PC's, toons, etc, are having problems with other PC's, toons, PK, player killers, etc, I like to be hired to Assasinate PK such PC, Toon, players, as they ruin the fun for all, and it gives me a way to RP, do my character concept without being a player killing jerk, taking away other's fun.

Also if a DM, admin is having a problem with a player:

For example if a player tells a DM, to go to hell. Then instead of the DM sending that player to hell, or instead of booting, banning, warning, the DM could have the option of contacting me, other like minded Assassins, and hire us, give us the quest option of Assassinating that problem player for the DM as a warning, alternative to sending the player to Hell, banning, etc.

That would give me, other players a chance to do character concept, without being a player killing jerk.

Also another suggestion is maybe a Blackstone Assassin guild run by Blackstone Keep, etc, where a Assassin is hired by the Government to Assassinate somebody.

Also maybe more Assassin based quest.

All that, those suggestions might give me, others a way to do Assassin concept, without being a playerkilling Jerk, being a troublemaker, etc.

So what do you all think about this? And what suggestions, if any do any of you have?
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Re: Assassination,Assassins,PVP, PK, RP, Hiring, Merc, Bounty Hunter Issues

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm So what do you all think about this? And what suggestions, if any do any of you have?
My suggestion would be that the DMs are more than capable of policing their own OOC interactions with the playerbase. :lol:

Other than that, all of what you suggest is viable within a roleplayed interaction. As soon as things get out of character, people can and will (perhaps rightly) get upset at these sorts of interactions.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm Also if a DM, admin is having a problem with a player:

For example if a player tells a DM, to go to hell. Then instead of the DM sending that player to hell, or instead of booting, banning, warning, the DM could have the option of contacting me, other like minded Assassins, and hire us, give us the quest option of Assassinating that problem player for the DM as a warning, alternative to sending the player to Hell, banning, etc.
Personally, I'd rather that troublesome players found their way into the prison or were outright banned. Player killing without prior consent / IC interaction is clearly an OOC issue and should be dealt with as such.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Also another suggestion is maybe a Blackstone Assassin guild run by Blackstone Keep, etc, where a Assassin is hired by the Government to Assassinate somebody.
Don't know if you've been here that long, but I would do some exploring if I were you. Such guild sounds like a good idea. Too good for the DMs to pass up on... If you catch my drift. Good luck!
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

I see a couple of questions that I can help address for you.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm [...]

So if players, PC's, toons, etc, are having problems with other PC's, toons, PK, player killers, etc, I like to be hired to Assasinate PK such PC, Toon, players, as they ruin the fun for all, and it gives me a way to RP, do my character concept without being a player killing jerk, taking away other's fun.
Please make sure to read and understand viewtopic.php?p=3707#p3707 before you chose to take actions that are not warranted for.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm Also if a DM, admin is having a problem with a player:

That would give me, other players a chance to do character concept, without being a player killing jerk.
Whilst we appreciate the offer, I see that this will escalate quickly.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm Also another suggestion is maybe a Blackstone Assassin guild run by Blackstone Keep, etc [...]
I like this idea. I am sure that players would appreciate having someone to turn to for help (in character). Did you consider looking to start a guild? I can elaborate on the details with you in PM if you are interested.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm So what do you all think about this? And what suggestions, if any do any of you have?
I say, go for it. Just make sure to follow our server guidelines, don't cut corners – it can get you into trouble.
DM eaze
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Sway wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 am
Don't know if you've been here that long, but I would do some exploring if I were you. Such guild sounds like a good idea. Too good for the DMs to pass up on... If you catch my drift. Good luck!
I am relatively newer. Also I am on a LG K20 Android Smart Phone playing the game, and a slower typer, and when go to do stuff whether chat, etc, the windows cut off what see, so that sometimes dont see what some say, do.

So when, if RP, or if in party, this can make it harder to keep up, RP, follow, etc.

And because of that, those issues, that in game, I am not sure I am, would be the best to start, run a Assassins guild.

Now OOC, outside of the game, I might be able to help start a Assassin Guild that would, might be done in character in game, run by somebody else in game, in character.

Also because I am newer, I am probably lesser qualified, able to start such a guild, and dont, would know what I am doing.

Surely there are those more experienced that would, could do such a idea. And if so, I would surely help, pitch in, join such a guild if it were started.

Besides I am more of a IDEA man that throws out ideas, then if others like idea, lets, helps, supports others doing the idea.

Now perhaps after I get more playing time, become more well known in a positive way to the community, and learn more about the game, and about how to start, run a guild, and got a lot of help, support, perhaps then I might, would start such a guild.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

DM_eaze wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 am I see a couple of questions that I can help address for you.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm [...]

Please make sure to read and understand viewtopic.php?p=3707#p3707 before you chose to take actions that are not warranted for.

Whilst we appreciate the offer, I see that this will escalate quickly.
Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm Also another suggestion is maybe a Blackstone Assassin guild run by Blackstone Keep, etc [...]
I like this idea. I am sure that players would appreciate having someone to turn to for help (in character). Did you consider looking to start a guild? I can elaborate on the details with you in PM if you are interested.
I say, go for it. Just make sure to follow our server guidelines, don't cut corners – it can get you into trouble.
Yeah I might be interested. But please see my response to Sway. But I am at least open to learn how, process, etc. So if want to PM me details, chat, I am open to that.

Thanks for your comments.

I am a IDEA man. That doesnt mean my ideas are good. Some are good, some are bad. And your comments help determine which might be good or bad.