DM, driller Help please. Can undo quest not done by me, but by party member of disbanded party.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

DM, driller Help please. Can undo quest not done by me, but by party member of disbanded party.

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Ok so here what happened. I was invited to join a party. Party then proceeded to then try to do undead orb quest. Since none of the party had magic weapons to destroy orb, we had to retreat. Then while leaving the Crypt, a silly party member set off a fate statue into a Balor, and only 2 of us made it out alive. Me, and 1 other. Neither of us was the one who set off fate statue.

Then the rest of party, respawned, disbanded. Then me and other guy tried to do the Beetle quest, just the 2 of us at 4th level. The queen beetle killed us.

We respawned. We didnt disband, but were still joined up. Dont know why he didnt leave on his end. But on my end, I dont know how to leave a party, and only leave a party when party quit, disband, party members leave, when party, party members terminate party, kick me, everyone else out.

So I told the other player in now party of 2, that I was done, and was just going to farm up some xp to level 5 from level 4.

I did that. And after that did the beetle quest. During that time the other player finally quit the party.

After went to Foxmore, for beetle quest reward, I checked quest log.

I noticed that the undead orb quest and the snake cult quest was listed as done in the quest log, even though I had not done, finished those quest.

What must have happened is the other guy left in party after party pretty much quit, must have done the undead orb quest, and the snake cult quest while still in the party with me, and while I was farming to level up, and while I was doing beetle quest, to where that caused me to technically get credit for having done the quest.

But I did not get a reward for those quest, and did not get the xp for those quest, and did not get the xp for the stuff in quest on way to end of quest, and did not get possible chest drops, etc, and did not get the chance to do, enjoy those quest, even tho got technical credit in the done quest tab log.

So basically I feel cheated out of doing those quest, and getting the xp, any dropped chest, rewards, etc, associated with those 2 quest

So is it possible, and can you undo the completed status of those 2 quest, so that I can do those 2 quest, get the xp, rewards, chest drops, etc.

If not, since I did not get any loot, chest, xp, rewards, etc, from those 2 quest, its going to make it harder to do higher lev quest.

I was counting on those 2 quest: undead orb, and Snake Cult to give me at least 1 more level, if not 2 or 3 levels of xp, if farm a bit inside quest. Also the last time I did the Snake Cult with another character of mine, the warden rewarded me with 12k gold. I did not get 12k gold or any gold this time. I was counting on that 12k gold to get better gear, but never got that 12k gold.

So can you undo those quest, so that I can do those quest, and can you tell me how to leave parties so that this does not happen again.

Also this is yet another reason why I dont like grouping, partying up, until absolute have too, and why I solo, because of that kind of stuff, and other stuff happening.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: DM, driller Help please. Can undo quest not done by me, but by party member of disbanded party.

Post by Cornflower »

First of all: How to leave a party. Right-click on your portrait, select leave party.

Second: I'm pretty sure you got the rewards and the xp if it's noted in the quest log. It works like this, if you're in a party, you don't have to be present when the quest item is turned in for the rewards. The rewards are not always that big, so you may not have noticed.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Re: DM, driller Help please. Can undo quest not done by me, but by party member of disbanded party.

ok, if, since that is true(Assume, Probably True), then why with my first Assassin character, I got 12k gold from warden for doing the Snake Cult Quest, and got either nothing, or almost nothing for the Snake Cult Quest.

If what you say is true, the other guy who did the Snake Cult quest while joined with me, while I was busy doing other things, should have given me 10k to 12k gold from the Warden.

Before this I only had 800 gold, and after this happened still have about 800 gold.

Where is all the lots of gold the warden gives for the Snake Cult.

I am not doubting what you say cornflower. What you said makes sense.

I just want to know what happened to all the xp, gold.

And why I got lots of xp, gold for doing Snake Cult with character 1 of mine, from warden, and got zero, little, almost no gold, xp for geeting credit for doing Snake Cult with character 2 of mine, from the warden, even tho I did not do quest and only got technical credit for technically doing quest.

Does the amount of xp, gold, randomly change each time you do the same quest?

That's the only way that could explain this.

If its the same each time, then this still does not make any sense, and I should have gotten about 10k to 12k gold and lots of xp.
Last edited by Asturonethoriusaline on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Also so on my phone I hold down on character portrait or character, then the radial menu pops up. So which option, icon on the radial pop up menu is for leaving party, and how do I recognize it?
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Also how do I send tells, and how invite people to a party?
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

I can tell you from experience doing snake cult probably 6 times in the last week, you DO NOT ever get 12k gold for doing that quest, EVER so you go that gold somehow else.
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:05 am Also so on my phone I hold down on character portrait or character, then the radial menu pops up. So which option, icon on the radial pop up menu is for leaving party, and how do I recognize it?
It should be the bottom icon in that radial menu.
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

What is your login and what are the characters name that was affected by this?
DM eaze
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

sphinx wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:48 am I can tell you from experience doing snake cult probably 6 times in the last week, you DO NOT ever get 12k gold for doing that quest, EVER so you go that gold somehow else.
Hmmm maybe I got the 12k gold from a different warden quest. Maybe its the Mine quest. All I know is thst I got about 10k to 12k gold, from doing one of the warden's quest.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

If you were in a party and they were doing quests you probably have several quests turned in for that amount. I don't think any quest save a few near 40 give that amount of gold for one turn in. All the quests from the warden give 2000-4000 gold
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

DM_eaze wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:59 am What is your login and what are the characters name that was affected by this?
I think my log in name is the same as handle here: Asturonethoriusaline. But when I connect to server, the game launcher auto logs me in and does not require me to enter username.

Character name is:

Swifty Wiloren Ratironeas

Elven Ranger 5/Assassin 1.

Thanks for your response.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Ok update figured out what happened with the Undead Orb quest, but still dont know what happened with the Snake Cult Xp, gold, reward, etc

Even tho I was confused, thought I was getting nothing from getting technical credit for technically doing, even tho didnt do undead orb quest, after trying to figure out what happened, I noticed the quest log told me to talk to Gleanna in Temple.

Apparently even tho the quest log says undead orb is done. It's not really done, dont get xp, gold, reward, until talk to Gleanna in the Temple.

So did that and got xp, about 3000 gold.

So I tried talking to the Warden. And the Warden just gave me the Mines Quest.

So apparently still little or no recognizable xp, gold from the Warden for getting technical credit for technically doing but not doing Snake Cult Quest, unless I missed, did not notice, if xp, gold, extremely small as suggested by Cornflower.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Even if I were to have gotten a unnoticeable extremely small tiny bit of xp, gold, from getting technical credit for technically doing but still not doing the Snake Cult Quest, like Cornflower suggested, I have still missed out on a lot of the xp, gold, chest drops, farming, enjoyment, that comes with actually being able to do the Snake Cult Quest, which I did not get the chance to do.

I dont know a possible way to fix, prevent this from happening other then to leave party, and to not stay joined, so that other party member does not run off do half the quest in the game and giving technical credit for technically doing but not doing quest.

But maybe there is a way other then just leaving party. Maybe can find a way to code, program it so that have to be in quest location, doing quest stuff in order to be able to get credit, rewards for quest, whether talk to quest giver for reward, or whether someone else talks to quest giver for reward.

I mean I understand why it is that dont have to be present, talk to quest giver to get reward, and that somebody else in party can talk to quest giver, get reward. I get why that is.

I just think it would be nice if there was a way to modify this so that if your actually present, actually do the quest with a party, then you dont have to be present, talk to quest giver to get reward and that somebody else in party can do that for you.

But if soneone in party does not actually do quest, then they should not be able to talk to quest giver, get reward, and somebody else in party should not be able to talk to quest giver, to get reward for somebody in party that did not actually even do quest.

Not sure if its possible to code, program that into the game.

If not I guess the fix is just leaving a party. But the problem with that is that some might not know that they dont actually have to do quest to accidentally or intentionally get technical credit for technically doing or not doing quest.

And some might not know how to leave party
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Thanks for the comments help guys.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Quests: Some people get very grateful if you happen to turn in a quest when they are in a party, so they get the reward "for free". Other people get very annoyed when that happens, since they don't get to enjoy the struggle.

What we do in the Illuminados guild, is that we try to ask the party members "Picking up quest, is that OK?" or "Turning in quest, is that OK?", so that nobody gets a quest they don't want, or gets a reward that they don't want at the moment.

This solves some problems. Not foolproof and you have to remember, still, it's somewhat of a show of consideration.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)