AC +2 Items? Word to Shrine 2? No got word when beat shrine 1?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

AC +2 Items? Word to Shrine 2? No got word when beat shrine 1?

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Hi all. I am having a problem. I am playing a Lev 11, Ranger 4/Monk 3/Assassin 4, halfling toon, with good AB, average to above average to semi good at best HP, and a 28(31 when cat's grace, barkskin), semi ok, semi average to semi above average AC.

The problem is that after scouring all the stores, and offering to buy from other players, I can only seem to find, get, buy, various +1 AC gear, and ALMOST NO +2 AC Gear.

And on the EXTREMELY rare times that MIRACULOUSLY did see a +2 AC Item at the store, it was like 15k to 23k gold. With me having a average gold total of about $9k gold.

Why?

Because in the Blackheart tomb quest, Black Orcs Quest, Family Heir Troll quest, etc, when solo these quest, these quest overwhelm you with too many archers, hordes, etc, to where cant solo.

But if you try to join a party, group, or form a party, form a group, the group, party, either disbands in middle of quest, getting you killed, or the group doesn't want to do the quest, or only wants to farm.

That makes it so that need to solo. But if, wgmhen solo, you lose a LOT of potions" resources, get killed, lose xp, money, to the point where you dont get the money needed to get +2 AC equip that a NECESSITY to Solo.

So because of that, STUCK, with seeming nothing to do or can do.

Lots of +4, +5,+6, etc, higher level AC gear costing about $85k tho.

Also can easily get good weapons, and forge good weapons,. And while can craft good NON ac armor with immunities, I havent seen a way to craft a armor with a good AC bonus.

So need help with this or I'm going to be STUCK for a LONG time.

Also what is the word to the 2nd Shrine?

I completed the 1st Shrine. But I am on a android mobile smart phone, and there are 2 windows. The chat window, and the notification window. The notification window, is cut off so that only see about 1/3 to 2/5 of the text in the notification window. Because of this, when I conpleted thec1st Shrine, I either didnt get or didnt see what the word to thec2nd shrine was, is.

All I got or saw, was some cryptic reference to the word being having to do with some game Deity, God.

Not sure if have to solve that to get word or if supposed to get word, or if got word, dont know what word is.

So without the word to the 2nd Shrine an or help with the lack of +2 AC gear thing, I am STUCK

So can anybody please help.

Thanks for, if any help given.

Mike
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Re: AC +2 Items? Word to Shrine 2? No got word when beat shrine 1?

I do think rhe game needs more +2, +3 AC items/Armor.

It seems almost impossible, improbable to get anything better then +1 AC items.

And I think it seems a little tiny bit rediculous to have 10th to 14th lev characters ONLY having +1 AC gear.

By the time your 13th level, you should have +2 AC gear by then, not only +1 AC gear. At that pace 40th level characters would only have +3, +4 AC Items inatead of +5, +6, +7 AC gear.

At the rate I'm going, I wont get +2 AC items until level 17 to level 23, if I can even get to those levels.

The other thing that might be happening is maybe the economy is screwed with everybody grabbing +2 AC gear as soon as available to where me, others dont have the chance to get +2 AC item gear.

That is probably why the game needs more +2, +3 AC item gear, in the stores, and dropped by bosses, named monsters, etc.

Also there might be plenty of +2 AC item gear if randomized, as maybe I am that unlucky guy that the RNG, if there is one, never gives +2 AC item gear to.

Sorry if this sounds like a complaint rant.

But this seems to be a sucker, bummer for, to me

Sorry for, about that. Could be just an errant misperception

Mike
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

When first starting out you will hit a point, several times until 40, where the quests are too tough solo so you need to farm to be able to adequately complete the quests solo. I can assure you there are items of which you describe but that takes time and effort.

Just keep at it. I was in the same boat as you and was frustrated.

Side note, have you found the merchant in marvale yet? If not, i would suggest finding your way there.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

As far as the shrine is concerned, you get the word when you click on the tablet at the end of the shrine but you have to figure out which word in the riddle is the correct one. Try and and ask someone in game, or roleplay a bit. Ppl will help you, i promise.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Just re read your post, since on android go to video setting and adjust your ui scale (most likely 1.9 which worked for me) and that should adjust your text to be able to see it all.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Thanks for your understanding, help, encouragement.

Yes I have done farming. Yes that has helped in past.

The only problem now is, if I solo farm, like I have in past, when that worked, is that it either will take FOREVER to level up even 1 level, or if fight anything even remotely better, xp wise, say 125 to 250 xp, per mob, instead of 15 to 43 per mob, the mob will either be more then can handle or will use up to much, many, lots of potions, money, resources, getting killed, losing xp, money that I either dont level up or take FOREVER to level up, and I stay at between 5k to 9k gold, either never being able to afford +2 AC gear, or it take FOREVER to afford even 1, +2 AC item.

I suppose I can party farm. But if do that, the party often disbands, getting me killed. Or the party runs ahead, faster then I can keep up, and I fall behind, mobs respawn in, with me alone to fight them, getting me killed. And or the party just kills everything, before I can even touch mob once.While that does get me good xp, kind of bummer for me. I dont ever get to sneak in, death atrack, paralyze the mob, scout for the parties, because all they do is blindly run ahead, kill everything. Not to fun, but at least good xp, and better then if party disbands, getting me killed.

As for the rest of what you said in your post, I will try those things.

Thanks

Mike
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Sphinx, the video setting in the game, options area of the game, from the game launcher, or the video settings in the settings area on my mobile phone?
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Also it seems like that most only want to Solo. It usually takes me FOREVER to join, start up a group, party to either farm, do quest.

And when I am able to join a group, party, usually it doesnt go good for the reasons named in above postings.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

No I have not been to Marvale, but its easy to take the ship there.

So hopefully that is where all the +2 AC items/gear has been hiding.

I will visit there shortly.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Sphinx, I tried adjusting the settings. But its stuck at 1280 by 720 and 1.3. I tried to set to 1.9 like you suggested, but can't wont let me, no other option available.

Also there are 2 windows. The left window is the chat window. That works fine.

The right window is the notification window.

The text in
This window
Gets cut off
And looks
Like this.

Instead of looking like this with no text cut off.
This is how the text in the right notification
window should look like, but it does not look like this.

So if the thing says

The word to the second shrine is word to the second shrine.

It doesnt look like that.

It looks like:

The Word to the

Thats what I mean by when I say that the text in the right notification window gets cut off, with only about 1/3 to about 2/5th of the text showing, the rest cut off.

I tried the LG K20 android smart phone settings, and the NVWN 1 game launcher, Options, Video Options, buttons, areas wont let me go with anything different the 1280 by 720, 1.3, and wont let me change to 1.9 like you suggest.

So still have this problem and it still wont let me see the word to the next shrine, if I only use, and if I am only able to use the right notification text window.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Go figure, the magic item pawn shop in blackstone keep, or any other store there, FINALLY offers a Amulet of Natural Armor +3(The only AC item greater then +1 but lower then +4, that is affordable, in like FOREVER), that cost 8.5k, that my 5k can't afford. So I go farming for 30 freaking minutes to try to get the money. I end up scratching together 9k. I go to buy the item. And OF COURSE the item is sold before I can buy it.

Then I go to try to go to Marvale. Told that it will cost 1k, leaving me 8k, so that if go to Marvale, I will probably find another +2 AC item, that I will probably OF COURSE probably be short of the money needed to buy the thing(probably the 1k to get to Marvale). Then I would probably go take 15 to 45 minutes to scratch up the needed amount. Then return to AGAIN find the item SOLD OUT again.

SHOULD NOT BE this hard for a lev 11, 12 toon to get a freaking +2 AC item like a +2 amulet of nat armor.

If there is this much demand, then probably should put more of them in the game, then to not have enough to meet player demand and have some players like me go without, and get stuck.

This is getting darned frustrating.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Just so what everyone else does.

Go to Gruther's Gear and but a socketed weapon. Fill it with the socket gems and go sell them to the merchant in Marvale.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Thanks for the suggestion Driller. To Bad I sold.3,4,5 at 675 gold each, gems leaving me only 1,2,3 gems, in order to try to raise the 8500 needed to buy the +3 Amulet of Nat Armor at the magic pawn shop in Blackstone, only to have it sold before I could buy it.

Of course I would have never done such a desperate thing if I wasnt newer, and hadnt gone almost FOREVER, without seeing, getting +2 AC gear, and if wasnt having such a hard time solo farming and or doing quest solo, and wasnt in such a DIRE need of a AC boost by +2 AC items, and if I had known about Marvale, and if I had known about your good suggestion of upgrading weapons, then selling them.

The only problem I could maybe see with upgrading weapons and selling them, is that it cost a lot of money to go to Gruther's, and upgrade a socketed weapon to the point that if sell it, you may not get much of a net profit out of it, doing so, and may, might either break even, or even lose a bit. And even if you make a tiny bit, you would be out a gem.

But I could probably be wrong, and probably why your suggesting.

But I only have 1,2,3 gems left now, and when if take your suggestion, I would only have 0,1,2 gems left.

Still think it has been too hard for this newer player to get lev 11, 12, toon even 1 +2 AC item.

But hey it is what it is. Only my perception, opinion, and a newer player.

Thanks for your help, suggestions.

And sorry for, about my perception, opinion.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can buy a Socketed Weapon from Gruthers for about 35gp and fill it with sockets you find or get from loot. If you sell it at Marvale, will make you substantial profit.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

And my reward for taking the suggestion is to of course to be attacked on the ship and get killed losing the money gained from the upgrading a weapon and selling it. Losing the XP that gained from hours of farming.

So just as STUCK as before.

Still to hard to solo, without +2 AC item gear.

And still too hard to get even 1 +2 AC item at lev 11, 12, in my newer, opinion.

Guess at the rate I am going I will just have to resign myself to only having +1 AC gear until like level 25+ something, if ever get to that level, the rate, pace, the way things going.

Guess I am the newer Murphy of this PW.

Oh well it is what it is.

Nothing that I can do about it apparently.