Rogues, Traps and XP

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Rogues, Traps and XP

Post by Vestrit »

Why don't rogues get XP for monsters that are killed by traps they set? Is that a module decision or a game engine one?

It makes rogues much less useful, as one can't set traps for a boss monster. No quest reward is given if a boss monster is killed by traps.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rogues, Traps and XP

Post by driller »

This is an oversight on my part, it will be fixed after the next reset.
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

Thank you very much!
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

XP now works. Quest rewards still do not. When I kill a boss monster with a trap it doesn't drop the token needed to complete the quest.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design. Either way is fine.

Thanks!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will fix it.
Vestrit wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:04 pm XP now works. Quest rewards still do not. When I kill a boss monster with a trap it doesn't drop the token needed to complete the quest.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design. Either way is fine.

Thanks!
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

Thanks!
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

I noticed that when I am in a party that party members won't set off traps. However, if they are in the area of effect when the trap goes off they will take damage from that. This seems to be at odds with things like delayed blast fireball, which is a kind of trap. That one will not damage party members if they are in the blast radius.

Thanks!
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ghost11x »

When I set traps I try to make sure that the Party can see them. Then, if it happens to be a particularly nasty one, I warn folks to give it room. That doesn't always work, though. There seems to always be a Tough Guy that thinks traps are trivial.

I guess that means that I'm coming down on the side of letting traps and such do their job. Buyer beware and Use With Caution (says so on the package).
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

Really, I am fine either way. I just want to make sure it is operating as intended. ;)