New portal system???

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

New portal system???

Post by Cornflower »

So, has anyone figured out how the portal system is working? I'm confused....

Here's what happened:

I went to Frost Giant Fortress, got killed and were respawned in Oasis (!). Nice, now I can go there even before I finished the quest that gives you access to Oasis.

I returned through the portal, ended up in Bordermarch. Returned again, ended up in Frost Giant Fortress. Used the book, went back to Bordermarch. Went to Blackstone Temple, used the portal, ended up in Frost Giant Fortress...

I suppose that there's some logic here, but I didn't have time to test out everything before the server reset. Anyone else who figured it out?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: New portal system???

Post by Sorcy Sid »

From what I can tell, the town book and scrolls now take you to the last town you were in.

1) Bordermarch
2) Oasis.
3) ?..

I don't like it for two reasons.

A) It makes for a lot of work to go sell at Vogans.
B) New players cant take large risks exploring the land from the portal room. A daring & teasing feature I liked.

I hope Driller reconsiders and goes back to the old system.

Cornflower wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:03 am So, has anyone figured out how the portal system is working? I'm confused....

Here's what happened:

I went to Frost Giant Fortress, got killed and were respawned in Oasis (!). Nice, now I can go there even before I finished the quest that gives you access to Oasis.

I returned through the portal, ended up in Bordermarch. Returned again, ended up in Frost Giant Fortress. Used the book, went back to Bordermarch. Went to Blackstone Temple, used the portal, ended up in Frost Giant Fortress...

I suppose that there's some logic here, but I didn't have time to test out everything before the server reset. Anyone else who figured it out?
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A waypoint to BSK is in every town. Perhaps a choice of town(after visiting) for when you use a book of town portal?

I can see that, but it could also ruin the surprise when the finally get there.

I have no problem going back, start a poll and see how everyone feels.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Sorcy Sid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 am From what I can tell, the town book and scrolls now take you to the last town you were in.
Er. No, that's not my experience. I tried desperately yesterday trying to convince the book that it should take me to the keep. Maybe I did it the wrong way, though.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

If you want the book to take you to one of the different spots Visit them.

IE: your book is taking you to the oasis.
use the waypoint to go back to the keep
Go back to the temple.
You will see a message in your combat log letting you know your book is now set to the temple.
Your book will now take you to the temple ( unless you visit a new HUB )
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will probably set this back until I have done more work to it. I will make a few more adjustments and see.
Mancer
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Mancer »

I prefer the old system as well getting, especially when i need to get out of a sticky situation in a pinch and i'm somewhere i didn't mean to be.
Maybe making each vender sell a scroll that sends them to their respective area's?
I bet that would be a lot of extra effort on your part Mr. Driller.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I added scrolls to the the local vendors of the various town should yesterday. Check them.