"Summon buffed"

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
donojono
Commoner
Commoner

Re: "Summon buffed"

Post by donojono »

How does gate work then I cast it as my wizard and it is lvl 20 with only 25 ab not sure how that was buffed already.
I find mordikans sword (the helmed horror) very very weak. but I really appreciate the other buffs summons, it creates some great new variety.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is set to summon a powerful Balor with a CR if 90. If the summoner is not a PC, then it summons the normal one.
By what you are saying, this isn't currently working as expected.

But, in any case, this is all going to change for PCs and mobs alike, it will be leveled up to match the summoner's hit dice, in the case of mobs, it will self limiting due to engine limitations.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Iwan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 am Nothing has changed. "Unable to buff. Associate is invalid."
I haven't noticed a change with the Druid companion either, at least with the Bear. It still displays this message upon being summoned.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Druids Animal Companions seem to be buffing as normal now. Thanks Driller!
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Iwan
Knight
Knight

Post by Iwan »

Druid's bear is now THE BEAR ;) Long live the driller !!!
Snowkat
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowkat »

Black guard epic fiend saying invalid target when I summon and doesn't receive the buffs..
Iwan
Knight
Knight

Post by Iwan »

Snowkat wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 pm Black guard epic fiend saying invalid target when I summon and doesn't receive the buffs..
Ohhh no. Just started leveling BG and I am counting very much on epic Vrock :(
Kalaron
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kalaron »

Today i was checking few summon spells and tryed out the Black Blade of Dissaster and was wondering if this summon will get into the category of "summon buffed". Checked the stats, it is a lvl 8 mob with a really low BA (+24 in my case) and does 1d10+12 or so damage and the special ability with DC 16. (may be some of the main stats from caster involved here, don't know the system involved).

I know it is inmune to all damage sources with a weakness of been dispeled (only way to get rid of it). What it odds is the part of where it came the dissaster part of the name, since it miss most of the attacks it does. Is there a way to improve a little his BA with the caster level or somthing like that?

cya.
Iwan
Knight
Knight

Post by Iwan »

Blackguard:
- Summon creature - "Unable to buff. Associate is invalid."
- Create undead - no message at all
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is a timing issue along with the fact that the built in function that spawns summons is an effect and does not return the object.'[

I will have to implement a more robust work around.
donojono
Commoner
Commoner

Post by donojono »

Palemaster feats for summon working perfect.
Gate working.

All planar bindings not working, not sure if it is because of there is 1 summon for each of the 3 major alignments.
the Summon Dragon black dragon rod no buff.