"Summon buffed"

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

"Summon buffed"

Post by Cornflower »

I saw this message yesterday after bringing up a spider from the wand you buy at Foxmore's: "Summon Buffed". Now, is this a new feature, or have I simply ignored it for the last 6 months?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Summon buffed"

Post by driller »

They have adjust to your current level a bit to make them more useful.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:03 am They have adjust to your current level a bit to make them more useful.
Oh, you're such a gem! Love it! *hugs*
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Oh, and do I get a reward for spotting it? :-)
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sorry.
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Post by Douglas Thurman »

Hey how about letting the familiars/ranger & druid pets get a little stat love? Their HP go up but their usefulness ends around level 4 summons time.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

List the ones you are talking about.
Douglas Thurman wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm Hey how about letting the familiars/ranger & druid pets get a little stat love? Their HP go up but their usefulness ends around level 4 summons time.
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Post by Douglas Thurman »

driller wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm List the ones you are talking about.
Douglas Thurman wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm Hey how about letting the familiars/ranger & druid pets get a little stat love? Their HP go up but their usefulness ends around level 4 summons time.
Basically any familiar or pet gains levels along with your character, but they don't gain stat points. I'm going to exclude the Eyeball from any stat point raises because its eye bolt abilities are phenomenal. How often do you see a floating gasbag get a knockdown on a bebelith! It's epic.

I don't know how any stat bonuses to familiars or pets will mess with the summon dynamic but it would at least give them a bit more usefulness beyond RP status. The Dire Wolf companion comes to mind specifically because it's the one I choose for Ranger or Druid builds. My shifter build specifically chooses the Dire Rat because it's just so darned cute!

So let's start small. The Dire Rat is classed as a rogue type. Perhaps more DEX and later on give it ShadowDancer abilities. I'm just throwing stuff at the Driller wall and seeing what sticks.
donojono
Commoner
Commoner

Post by donojono »

giving summons and familiars and animal companions including epic summons permahaste is one of the best ways to buff them, from whichever level you see fit 15 + as an example
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have added buffs for familiars also, including haste beginning at level 15 for both.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 pm I have added buffs for familiars also, including haste beginning at level 15 for both.
Wheeeeee!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
donojono
Commoner
Commoner

Post by donojono »

As a Caster PM wizard 10 PM 30, leveling up currently level 17 with 10 PM, none of the PM summons so far have the summon buffed message, the lvl 7 familiar is better than the greater summon undead and all the summons creature spells so far, it would be great to get something similar for them for an intel based PM caster.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Pale_master

The pale master summons are listed here if this helps Driller.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Post by Terankar »

donojono wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:15 pm As a Caster PM wizard 10 PM 30, leveling up currently level 17 with 10 PM, none of the PM summons so far have the summon buffed message, the lvl 7 familiar is better than the greater summon undead and all the summons creature spells so far, it would be great to get something similar for them for an intel based PM caster.
so you are saying that the ghast outperforms elemental swarm as well and summon VIII?
donojono
Commoner
Commoner

Post by donojono »

what I am saying is the opposite, the PM summons none of them so far at PM 10 are stronger then the elemental summons, the tiger, the spider wand, not even the boar, none fo the summons can beat them, the Shadow Knight has only 6 ab and 1 APR for a level 17 pure PM that caster that sucks.