Delete character

Post suggestions for improvements here.
zerouacuca
Commoner
Commoner

Delete character

Post by zerouacuca »

I want to delete some characters from my account, is there some way available at the moment?
Slinthius Archer
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Delete character

Post by Slinthius Archer »

In the keep, southwest; dock master. He should help you out.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Note that many things, like quest log, persistant storage, etc, are based on character name. I know that driller once said the database should clear up this data when the delete is performed, but my experience is that it doesn't always work. (Never for me, so far.)

This means that if you re-use the name, you'll start with a lot of finished quests and other weird things. So, if you re-use the name, you might end up having trouble.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Let me know if you are still having trouble the next time you delete a character.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 am Note that many things, like quest log, persistant storage, etc, are based on character name. I know that driller once said the database should clear up this data when the delete is performed, but my experience is that it doesn't always work. (Never for me, so far.)

This means that if you re-use the name, you'll start with a lot of finished quests and other weird things. So, if you re-use the name, you might end up having trouble.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

OK. Haven't checked for a while. Was easier just adding a "." or a blank space at the name. I'm planning on starting either a barbarian or fighter soon, I'll reuse an old name and see what happens.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
zerouacuca
Commoner
Commoner

Post by zerouacuca »

It worked, thanks !