Rebalancing bosses.

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Rebalancing bosses.

Post by Cornflower »

Greetings. As I usually do, I would like to preface my suggestions with a comment on how well-built this place is. It's extremely bug-free and everything works almost always. Amazing. Also, with the new underdark areas, the design feels very well-structured and logical.

Now, the humble suggestion. There are three bosses that seem a lot more difficult than the other quests just before and after. It's Snort, the Salt Mine boss and the Azul Patriarch. When you do all the quests from first to last in a sequence, these are obvious bumps. Snort makes a bit more sense, since the Druid quest is also difficult and it's the last of the quests before moving to oasis. The Salt Mine boss is harder than the following quests, so often you leave him until you've done two-three more. The Azul Patriarch is way harder than most of the following quests. I usually do around five other quests before going back to him.

The suggestion is to make these three bosses somewhat easier. Snort and Salt Mine Boss a little easier. Azul Patriarch a bit more adjustment perhaps.

Perhaps introducing some kind of weakness? Snort, using electricity could be sensitive to water magic/sonic damage or something. Salt Mine boss is a lizard, they don't generally like cold. Azul patriarch uses lots of magic, so perhaps sensitive to cold steel (piercing/slashing)? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

I know the server is build to party, but still, these three seem to be a lot harder than the following quests, regardless if you solo or not.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Ming
Baron
Baron

Re: Rebalancing bosses.

Post by Ming »

Its a tricky proposition, cause you state all 3 of those bosses as being hard. Which I agree with for snort and the salt mines, azure patriarch I have yet to find difficult. Fast forward to when I was leveling my Sorceress in those zones, and she killed them with ease, at the appropriate level. Snorts easy to hit, but that lightening is very damaging. The salt mines, I found him not super damaging, but hitting him was a pita and it was an endurance test of how many potions did I have to drink before I eventually ground him down. This was as a full bab dwarven defender, so again he tickled me, and just took forever.

The experiences were much different when leveling my shifter though. Snort was easy, salt mines, I had to wait and wait and wait before being strong enough, and patriach was easy. Bard was about the same thing, snort was doable, salt mines a pita, partiarch easy. So perhaps the ac on the guy in the salt mines might need to be adjusted a point or two, though I have never tackled him in a party. It might be cake in a party.

You do bring up a good point about the quests after salt mines and snort though. Snort is harder then the first several oasis quests, and salt mines is harder then quite a few quests after it.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I lowered the AC on the Salt Mine's boss just a tad.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:54 pm I lowered the AC on the Salt Mine's boss just a tad.
Wheeeee!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)