Server info.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Zeratul
Commoner
Commoner

Server info.

Post by Zeratul »

Hi, i never tried this server; i'm looking for an action-pvp server and this seems to be the only one living.
I have few questions, the game is completely vanilla, or is there somemodifications to base game? (i cant find this info on the forum).
Is there a faction sistem with organized pvp events? PK is allowed?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server info.

Post by driller »

There are some modifications. Things like timestop affecting an area around the caster. IGMS nerfs, True seeing is see invisibility with +50 spot/search.
Epic summons boosted. A few other things I can't think of right now.

PvP is allowed as long as it is agreed. We also have an PvP arena and guilds. The leaders of the guilds usually will schedule a PvP event.
Zeratul wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:39 am Hi, i never tried this server; i'm looking for an action-pvp server and this seems to be the only one living.
I have few questions, the game is completely vanilla, or is there somemodifications to base game? (i cant find this info on the forum).
Is there a faction sistem with organized pvp events? PK is allowed?
Zeratul
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zeratul »

Any subrace?
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Zeratul wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 amAny subrace?
You'll probably get a better answer from someone else, but when you create your character, you start up on a ship where you can choose deity and subrace. There you can read up on subraces. Kind of like catch-22, you need to create your character to know what subraces there are, but there you go.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The subraces are pretty much RP based. They get certain bonuses and detriments. But based on your post about PvP, they aren't something you would select for that.
Zeratul wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 amAny subrace?
Zeratul
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zeratul »

Is it possible to obtain Shields and Armor with no spell faliure?
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

Zeratul wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:04 pm Is it possible to obtain Shields and Armor with no spell faliure?
I haven't seen any, but perhaps with the random item spawning driller has added. Most Arcane casters I see have the auto still spell feats. If you are planning on making a sorcerer or wizard, know that the nerf to IGMS as far as I can tell is a max of 12 missiles to a single target.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

There is a Blade Castor Armor that does take away 35% of the 45% spell failure but, I believe that's as close as it gets. There are Mythril Sheilds that take away up to 5% for a small and medium shields. Tower Shields only take away 10% of the 50% failure I honestly think that is the way to go though b/c why else have the Auto-Still Spell feats or Still spell at all if there are items that give you that bonus on there own. There are classes that give you all the proficiency feats you need. There are now items in the game that do that as well. 3-4 feats are well worth putting into your build for it.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Zeratul
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zeratul »

I'll go for the auto still then thanks.
Another question, is here a chance to relevel my character in future?
kish-kumen
Commoner
Commoner

Post by kish-kumen »

No way to 'relevel' that I'm aware of.

If you accidentally mess something up while leveling, you CAN burn a level by changing gods at one of the temples - but that comes with a rather hefty XP (and RP) cost. I wouldn't recommend it unless there's a really bad mistake you need to fix.
Zeratul wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 am I'll go for the auto still then thanks.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

kish-kumen wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:46 am No way to 'relevel' that I'm aware of.

If you accidentally mess something up while leveling, you CAN burn a level by changing gods at one of the temples - but that comes with a rather hefty XP (and RP) cost. I wouldn't recommend it unless there's a really bad mistake you need to fix.
Zeratul wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 am I'll go for the auto still then thanks.
I don't believe it delevels you. I didnt get to select a god for some reason on my dwarven defender on the boat. So at lvl 9 (today, character was made yesterday), once I felt I wouldnt get oneshot I went and paid the 5k exp to Vor church. I fell below the exp required for my lvl, but I didnt lose my level. Just had to go aquire an extra 5k xp to move on.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

It do de-level you if you change god back and forth, you lose 5k xp a piece and some gold.
Just did it for 3 levels since i had made a big mistake on a build and was already mid way.

Cheers

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

Mask-inc wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:04 pm It do de-level you if you change god back and forth, you lose 5k xp a piece and some gold.
Just did it for 3 levels since i had made a big mistake on a build and was already mid way.

Cheers

Mask
Good to know, I wonder why I wasn't deleveled when I did it. I dropped below what was required to reach lvl 9, I also only paid xp no gold cost.