To Forge Forge Stones from other Forge Stones!

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

To Forge Forge Stones from other Forge Stones!

Post by Capt Cliff »

How about being able to add 2 or 3 or 4 low level forge stone of different types to the forge and you get a 1st tier forge stone, with gold?
wdpepsiman1
Commoner
Commoner

Re: To Forge Forge Stones from other Forge Stones!

Post by wdpepsiman1 »

for what end...then why I have a tier 1 drop
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Well they'd have to be restructured into tiers first, maybe 3 categories? Then a 3-1 conversion ratio seems about fair to me, any 3 of one tier for a random one from the next tier up.

Of course, there is the issue of documenting this...
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Theres the Black Forge which kinda already does this.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Wing--Zero wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:26 am Theres the Black Forge which kinda already does this.
Not really, from what I have been told about the black forge.

What I was suggesting was putting multiple forge stones in the forge and for some money you get a higher valued forge stone. Like a white, jade and emerald get you say a gold or random upper tier forge stone.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Yeah my bad I completely missed the point you were going for there Cliff. I thought you were asking for a alternate use for the stones (which would be neat to add more things to the Black Forge) now I'm on the same page. That would be a neat way to get ride of stones your not using and turn them into something of value!
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Killuah Zodiach
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Killuah Zodiach »

I agree this is a good way of utilizing forge stones of a lesser tier.
So you could end up with something like 1 Jade, 1 indigo, 1 White: Combines into 1 Emerald, Russet, Gold or silver.
Then on the next combination, you could have 1 Russet, 1 Gold, 1 Silver: Combines into 1 Cherry, Crimson, Cobalt.
Then the next combination could be, 1 Cherry, Crimson, Cobalt: Combines into 1 Yellow, blue, red, green.
(But not any of the glorious stones that we know exist)

Sorry for stone colour spoilers, for those who don't know the different colours but this is possibly worth the spoiler.
It could change the dynamic of how the stones are acquired.
By creating multiple tier categories of the stones, we can change the variance of the stones that are dropped, and reward hoarding and hard work more than luck.
It might take 30 stones to get a tier 1.
But the loot drop chance of a tier 1 might be 0.1% where the drop chance of the lowest tier might be 0.5%.
Then again, you might have 25% chance to get the tier 1 you want after hoarding, and spending gold to reforge the lower stones, (Blue, yellow, red, green), upon combining the lower tier stones to have the chance in the forge.
I also think that when combining the lowest tier stones, there should be a 10% chance that the stones disintigrate during the process and leave you empty handed, but not for higher tier conversion attempts, adding another layer of chance into the mix, I also think that crafting skills points should not adjust this type of forging.
And I also believe this could be done at another completely seperate mystical forge somewhere in the server to add another location to force people to go to.

On a side note and probably most people would like to see this, can we please add up the total sale cost of 1 socket stone to be 1/3 the price of a socketed weapon with said stone, so i can just start flogging them to vendors, as opposed to socketing weapons for hours on end to make a better buck.
Ta :)