pvp

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

pvp

Post by Forgery »

can we nerf certain spells in pvp?
as it sits things like timestop and harm are just sooo OP in pvp that its not challenging or fun
just timestop, harm, timestop, anthing you want cause they are dead at this point.
im sure there are other spells im missing in this list
wdpepsiman1
Commoner
Commoner

Re: pvp

Post by wdpepsiman1 »

learn how to pvp like everybody else and learn the countermeasures in otherwords git gud

sometimes you win and sometimes you lose just the way it goes
Last edited by wdpepsiman1 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

There are quite a few ways around that. If you know what the tricks are in PvP Timestop is not the end all be all. I've had plenty of fights that I've been time stopped in and came out victorious. Harm as well there are actually many counters to that spell. I remember fighting a extreamly good exaulted sorc named Desamadu with Auran Goodman in the very first PvP tournament in Blackstone. I harmed him to try and kill him and even casted seering light and he still would not die and killed me in the end. Same for a guy named Lagnar.....everyone still gets a good laugh at my expense over that one...I tried to harm the guy to kill him and was attacking him and even with all that he turned around and killed me lol. Its a part of the game and like everything in the game there are ways to counter both. I would do some experimenting and you may be surprised at what you can learn!

To be honest in PvP duels in the Arena it is actually considered poor taste to use Timestop and Harm. That is normally rules that are set by the two people that are in the duel. If no rules are mentioned than people consider those spells to be okay. It's up to the player to decide. If its in the wilds than its more of a anything go's environment. That is what makes those fights fun in my opinon.

Timestop itself is already nerfed on this server and has a radius affect that you can steer clear of as one example of a counter.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Forgery wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:10 am can we nerf certain spells in pvp?
as it sits things like timestop and harm are just sooo OP in pvp that its not challenging or fun
just timestop, harm, timestop, anthing you want cause they are dead at this point.
im sure there are other spells im missing in this list
Sounds like someone died to TS and Harm.

Rock, paper, scissors.

What's next, you die to IGMS or Horrid Wilting or____________ (fill in the blank) and someone requests a nerf. Many things in this game are very powerful when put into the proper hands, not just spells.

It's been fine for a decade and now it's suppose to change due to new people that don't understand a bunch about the game?
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

people are so quick to judge and not look at things objectively. i did in fact die to such a combo and i also use such a combo. it becomes a matter of who TS first. thats not fun or challenging. its not a matter of git gud if you cant move as whoever pointed out. if you ts and harm and they dont die you clearly arent TSing every other spell to lock your opponent. but keep throwing insults do your thing spread your hate. it will only harm you in the end.
zerouacuca
Commoner
Commoner

Post by zerouacuca »

Harm is countered by AC because its a touch attack, the check is made following the formula:

caster :P :
BAB+ strenght modifier (only if positive) + nature sense + epic prowess (unless a ranged weapon is equipped) + unarmed weapon focus feats (if unarmed or using a creature weapon) + effects)

vs

target :shock: :
10 + dodge bonus + deflection bonus + dexterity modifier + wisdom modifier (monk) + armor skin + dodge + draconic armor (RDD) + expertise/improved expertise + mobility + small stature + tumble bonus + monk bonus from level progression.

note: Armor, Shield and Natural armor bonuses are denied for the target :mrgreen:
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

well thank you zero but im well aware of how harm works. the denial of so much ac is why harm isnt that hard to land.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Wing--Zero wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:34 am To be honest in PvP duels in the Arena it is actually considered poor taste to use Timestop and Harm. That is normally rules that are set by the two people that are in the duel. If no rules are mentioned than people consider those spells to be okay. It's up to the player to decide. If its in the wilds than its more of a anything go's environment. That is what makes those fights fun in my opinon.

Timestop itself is already nerfed on this server and has a radius affect that you can steer clear of as one example of a counter.
I agree with this. Instead of trying to nerf the spells even more why dont you state the pvp battle will not include those two spells, if that person doesnt agree then theres your answer dont pvp with said person. Not hard to avoid such instances.
-Lady Sabel
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

my particular instance was a dude was afk on the portal out of akons for awhile and so when i finally decided to just kill him he then started fighting me / insulting me. much like the people on this board apparently. which is another issue that should be addressed. going afk on the portal out of akons
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

The waypoint for the exit of akons isnt a small one? So an individual being afk on the waypoint wouldnt obstruct you leaving...that doesnt seem like much of a reason to initiate pvp or really pking.
-Lady Sabel
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

you have to click the center point. i couldnt get out
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I was told you nudged him to the portal while he was afk. The attacked him after you moved him over there.

In any case, you can nudge people out of the way. But, if you attack someone and get killed in pvp as a result, what else did you expect? As far as I concerned, there is nothing to see here.
Forgery wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 pm my particular instance was a dude was afk on the portal out of akons for awhile and so when i finally decided to just kill him he then started fighting me / insulting me. much like the people on this board apparently. which is another issue that should be addressed. going afk on the portal out of akons
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

im not complaining cause i died. he killed me good on him. im not mentioning his name cause i forgive him. he set a trap i fell for it. he sat there afk even saw me try to nudge him off the spot which i could not nudge him off of. which means he was intentionally sitting on top of that spot waiting for someone to attack him. you guys are ok with this sort of griefing. good on you too. i forgive you. none of this changes that this combo is OP. i do use it as well. i dont like to be out gunned. doesnt change that it should be nerfed. i understand nerfing things is not popular. dont nerf it then. its a suggestion for those who are concerned about pvp. it is in poor taste to use this combo in the arena. why is that? could it be cause it is OP?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No, we are not ok with griefing and it isn't possible to stop someone from nudging you actually. Sorry but your story isn't adding up.
But that's ok, I forgive you.

For the spell nerfing, this is mainly a PVE server. PVP is secondary.

If you engage in PvP and you don't want to be harmed, I suggest a protection from negative energy or the aforementioned AC.

Forgery wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 pm im not complaining cause i died. he killed me good on him. im not mentioning his name cause i forgive him. he set a trap i fell for it. he sat there afk even saw me try to nudge him off the spot which i could not nudge him off of. which means he was intentionally sitting on top of that spot waiting for someone to attack him. you guys are ok with this sort of griefing. good on you too. i forgive you. none of this changes that this combo is OP. i do use it as well. i dont like to be out gunned. doesnt change that it should be nerfed. i understand nerfing things is not popular. dont nerf it then. its a suggestion for those who are concerned about pvp. it is in poor taste to use this combo in the arena. why is that? could it be cause it is OP?
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

he dispelled the the shadow shield actually cause you know he isnt retarded. he is a lot of things stupid isnt one of them. you think im telling lies. ok so be it.