Vor's champion not always welcome

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Vor's champion not always welcome

Post by Cornflower »

So, if you pick Vor as your deity, you sometimes get a summoned champion to help you in your struggles. That's a nice feature.
On the other hand, since Vor's summoning takes precedence over your own summoning, it's sometimes less than optimal. For instance, you may have summoned something that's expensive/stronger/more tactically advantageous/just plain more to your liking, and suddenly: your summon is gone. It's kind of annoying, since either you waste a spell slot for a summon that Vor will unsummon, or you use the spell slot for something else and Vor doesn't provide when you need it.

All that being said, I really like the deities and that they affect your everyday struggles very directly. So, a humble suggestion:
How about Vor checking if you already have something summoned, that is in good health (has more than 50% of it's hitpoints left)? If so, Vor comes back at a later time with his helpful summoning, when you really need it.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: Vor's champion not always welcome

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I second that.
Cornflower wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 pm All that being said, I really like the deities and that they affect your everyday struggles very directly. So, a humble suggestion:
How about Vor checking if you already have something summoned, that is in good health (has more than 50% of it's hitpoints left)? If so, Vor comes back at a later time with his helpful summoning, when you really need it.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Maybe set Vor champ as a henchman rather than a summon?
Would still conflict with Dogs/Hirelings that way though, but you can have more than one henchman.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I wish I could give you an up-vote!

Kane0 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:09 pm Maybe set Vor champ as a henchman rather than a summon?
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will look at a henchman, but they can cause issues that i just don't want to deal with.
Kane0 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:09 pm Maybe set Vor champ as a henchman rather than a summon?
Would still conflict with Dogs/Hirelings that way though, but you can have more than one henchman.